cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC54605 doesn't start SW execution after power recycling

Elmar
Contributor II

Hi,

I switched to LPC54605J512 MCU because of its performance.

However, the program doesn't start automatically after power recycling. I need to reprogram the MCU to make the SW start execution.

The RST pin is linked to VCC and I use Keil as a development environment.

Below you will find the programming jlink configuration screenshots.

Thanks for your feedback and help.

BR.

Elmar_0-1690185453243.png

Elmar_1-1690185468522.png

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

Elmar
Contributor II

Thanks, XiangJun for your reply

What a stupid design by NXP!, usually default value makes MCU boot from internal memory. 

As I already designed and manufactured my PCBA, how can I make it to boot from internal flash? Can I set internal pullup resistors from Config Tool?

0 Kudos

carstengroen
Senior Contributor II

The only thing "stupid" here is not reading the datasheet and users manual when designing stuff.

Did you also not read that it needs 3.3V, did you apply 12V ? I guess not.
Time to do a respin...

Its written pretty clearly.....

carstengroen_0-1690206806494.png

0 Kudos

frank_m
Senior Contributor III

By reading the user manual beforehand, and testing the code sufficiently.
The "stupidity" is here not on NXP's side.

I never came across a commercial design in my career were the final version was identical to the first prototype.

xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

If you want to LPC54605 to run from internal flash after power on, you have to set the three pins PIO0_4, PIO0_5 and PIO0_6 pins high logic by connecting a pull-up resistor on the three PIO0_4, PIO0_5 and PIO0_6 pins so that the chip will fetch/execute code from internal flash after power-on.

Hope it is helpful

BR

XiangJun Rong

xiangjun_rong_0-1690194642369.png

Elmar
Contributor II

Dear XiangJun 

Is there another "surprise" point such as ISP configuration that I need to know before redesigning my circuit using LPC54605? 

And another question about the programming, when I used LPC845, Normal reset was enough to make the chip run the main program after flashing, but I need absolutely select Core Reset for LPC54605. Any feedback? 

Also, when I use Segger RTT viewer connected, I can't flash the chip, however, it was possible when I used LPC845. 

Thanks again for your valuable feedback. 

Elmar

0 Kudos

xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Pls refer to section 13.3 Connecting power, clocks, and debug functions in data sheet of LPC546xx, which can be downloaded from the website:

https://www.nxp.com/products/processors-and-microcontrollers/arm-microcontrollers/general-purpose-mc...

BTW, pls refer to the section 6.2.1 Termination of unused pins in the data sheet.

Hope it can help you

BR

Xiangjun Rong

xiangjun_rong_0-1690338198360.png

0 Kudos