cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC11U35 flashing

Jump to solution
jakobberglund
Contributor I

Hi, I have an LPC11U35 with an bug in the firmware that have made the device stop responding. Now I need to find a way to flash the device again. The problem is that it's already an mass produced item but I do have all documentations for the pcb. Is there anything I can do to make it appear as a MSD? Or a way to connect SWD or JTAG to it? 

If I have to solder to the chip that is okey.

Br,

Jakob

Labels (3)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jakob Berglund,

Thanks for your reply.

You need to pull the PIO0_1 low and pull the PIO_3 high to force the MCU enter the USB ISP, then you can update the application code via the demonstrated steps above.

Hope it helps.
Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

6 Replies
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jakob Berglund,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and 
the opportunity to serve you.
The LPC11U3x series support USB ISP and UART ISP modes, if enters the USB ISP mode, the MCU will be enumerated as a Mass Storage Class Device when USB port connects a USB host interface.
You can also use the Flash Magic to program the LPC11U3x when choose the UART ISP modes, and you can learn the more detailed information via the link below.
Have a great day,

TIC

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
jakobberglund
Contributor I

Hi thanks for your quick answer!

I installed the Flash Magic program. But I do not understand if I need any additional hardware or if I should be able to flash it over USB. And if it should be possible to flash it over USB what interface should i use?pastedImage_1.png

As I said the chip is already installed in a product. So if I could flash over only USB that would be very good. But if not what hardware to I need and how can I connect it to my chip. The designer of the PCB did not add easy connections for SWD or JTAG :smileysad: but I could probably solder it in anyway if needed. 

Br

Jakob

0 Kudos
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jakob Berglund,

As you mentioned above, your board doesn't have the SWD or JTAG interface, however the USB port is available.

So you can follow the these steps to program the flash.

1. First, force the MCU enter the USB ISP by referring to the LPC reference manual, and the chip will be enumerated as a driver.

2017-06-07_16-15-36.jpg

2. Double click the driver, you will find a bin file whose name is firmware, then copying a new application executable file to the driver after deletes the firmware file. After that, the chip is programmed by the new executable file.

2017-06-07_16-16-25.jpg
Have a great day,
TIC

0 Kudos
jakobberglund
Contributor I

I have tried to force the MCU into USB ISP by looking at this manual http://www.nxp.com/documents/user_manual/UM10462.pdf. But I do not understand what I have to do. I have looked at page 396 of that manual and I know pin PIO0_3 is high. But I think it ends up in executing code because it think that the code is valid.

Have I misunderstood something? I am new to the LPC chips. 

0 Kudos
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jakob Berglund,

Thanks for your reply.

You need to pull the PIO0_1 low and pull the PIO_3 high to force the MCU enter the USB ISP, then you can update the application code via the demonstrated steps above.

Hope it helps.
Have a great day,
TIC

jakobberglund
Contributor I

Thanks a lot for your help! I managed to fixed my broken devices now :smileyhappy: You saved me a lot of money and time. 

0 Kudos