Cross compiling FLTK with Fluid for Cortex M3 architecture using Visual Studio 2013, any help?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cross compiling FLTK with Fluid for Cortex M3 architecture using Visual Studio 2013, any help?

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by studyembedded on Wed Feb 26 23:43:25 MST 2014
Hi Friends,
I have this customized LPC1788 board, I did manage to port Linux and used[u] FLTK with Fluid[/u] to create a GUI.  I am not a Linux guy, wanted to do the same thing using Windows. I mean to say I am planning to use FLTK and Fluid in Windows environment.

After going through few tutorials I manage to compile FLTK project in Visual Studio 2013. But I am not getting how to cross compile the same project for Cortex M3 ARM architecture.

Please guide me, it would be a great help if you can guide me to any related tutorial. I have been googling from last two days without much success.
Thank you!
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by TheFallGuy on Thu Feb 27 09:54:59 MST 2014
I do not know of any toolchain that you can use for ARM in Visual Studio. You will need to install another toolchain, such as LPCXpresso.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by studyembedded on Thu Feb 27 04:07:37 MST 2014
Thanks for your advice, i will post this in LPC Expresso as well. Can you please suggest me which tool chain we can use for ARM in Visual Studio??
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by TheFallGuy on Thu Feb 27 00:49:07 MST 2014
Visual studio does not support cortex-m3. You need to install a tool chain that targets cortex-m3.  As you are posting here, why have you not tried LPCXpresso?
0 Kudos