Did you mean: 

Can't receive on UART3?

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by tjoAG on Wed Jun 27 02:36:08 MST 2012
Hi All

I have some problem utilizing the UART3 of the LPC1788

If have remembered to power it on the the PCONP register.
I set the desired baudrate, stop bits etc. I have enabled FIFO and TX

I have UART0 and UART1 working fine with no problems at all.

I can see on my scope, that there is a correct TX signaling. There is also a RX signal back to the LPC1788 (Probed on the CPU pin directly so there is connection back to the RX pin)

But the RDR bit is never set in the LSR register. Even though I can see a signal on the RX pin.
I also have tried connecting the TC and RX from the U3 directly to each other (Loop back). Still, the RDR bit is never set.
I have tried disabling the FIFO, no luck
I have tried different baudrates, no luck

I have triple checked with the UART0 and UART1 configuration, register by register and the peripherals view in the KEIL uVision Debugger. Seems to be configured correctly!

Also, the TX from the UART3 works and is send with the expected baudrate and received correctly. So the UART3 must be configured correctly.

Have I missed something, either hiden or difficult to see, in the NXP LPC1788 user guide? Would not be the first time :-)

Thomas
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Lien.Nguyen on Wed Jun 27 19:28:25 MST 2012
Hi Thomas,
Did you use the latest version of CMSIS? There were many fix on PINSEL fuctions.

0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by tjoAG on Wed Jun 27 03:05:19 MST 2012
Hi All

I have figured it out my self!! I used the CMSIS PINSEL_ConfigPin(..) function

DON'T DO IT!!!

..for GPIO type A IOCON.
The function clear all function bits..

That is ok for must other IOCON types. Not for type A. It will set the Analog mode, so any selected function will not work correct. Incl UART3 RX

So either don't use the PINSEL_ConfigPin or use the PINSEL_SetAnalogPinMode function when working on Type A IOCON pins

Thomas
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by tjoAG on Wed Jun 27 02:37:19 MST 2012
I also will add, that no other error flags are set, like PE, FE, OE etc...
0 Kudos