CAN: Will standard length identifiers be accepted by extended identifier filters?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAN: Will standard length identifiers be accepted by extended identifier filters?

bart_kuivenhove
Contributor I

Hi,

I've recently been put to work on a CAN message interpreter library, and the previous developers left the company without much in the way of documentation.

It seems as if the library is written with the assumption that the customer should always just set their driver to accept extended length id's and that when a standard length identifier hits the extended length filter, it will pass through anyway so long as the value is correct. I'm now trying to see if this assumption is correct for the LPCXpresso 1769.

I've looked at the datasheet, and it says there's basically a list of filters, numerically sorted, with a bunch of pointers to the list indicating where each of the segments of the list starts. That way a message first gets passed through the standard filters first and then hits the extended filters if it doesn't match.

So the question now is, with the numeric value of the ID being correct, can it only be accepted by a standard length filter, or can it also be accepted by an extended length filter?

Thanks!

- Bart

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Bart Kuivenhoven ,

If "the customer should always just set their driver to accept extended length id's ", yes, it only can receive Extended IDs.  Because when CAN Receiver received data, it will check it is a Standard ID or Extended ID.

If Standard ID, it will continue check whether the ID number is allowed receive in the Standard filter, not in the Extended filter.

Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos