Analog On Digital Port

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Analog On Digital Port

mikenn
Contributor III

On LPC11E14 I use PIO0_12 and PIO0_14 as encoder inputs.  As such these are both configured as digital inputs.  I would like to add broken cable detection, which would involve placing an analog voltage (VCC/2) on PIO0_12 and PIO0_14.  Then these pins would also connect to an analog input simultaneously.  Are there any consequences to placing the VCC/2 level on the digitally configured inputs?  Higher current drain perhaps?  Latch up?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

You only need to be careful with voltage and current maximum values. Regarding the voltage, if you configure the pin as a digital input,  then this pin takes as logical “high” level a 0.7VDD voltage value and for “low” level 0.3VDD voltage value.

For example if VDD=3.3v  the level high minimum is 2.31v, and the maximum “low” level is 0.99v, for 1.8v you are in the threshold voltage.

The max. current supported for digital pins is 10nA.

I hope this helps,

Have a great day,

Sol

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

mikenn
Contributor III

Whats up Soledad.

Just so I am clear, 10nA is the maximum input current on a digital input with input voltages of VCC, 0V, or VCC/2 ?

MikeN

0 Kudos

soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Please check the following values from the datasheet.

I hope this helps,

pastedImage_1.png

Have a great day,
Sol

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos