cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why Reset is needed for Ethernet stack?

durgasivakrishn
Contributor III

Dear sir,

i am using SDK_2.0_MK60DN512 stack provided by the NXP for Ethernet. I am running the in debug mode in works fine but when i am loaded to Flash memory it works only after providing the reset signal, But our requirement is to work without Reset for Ethernet in Flash how to do it?

With Regards,

0 Kudos
6 Replies

durgasivakrishn
Contributor III

Hi Xiangjun Rong,

Thanks for your response, we are working on resetting the PHY. If any further valuable suggestions please post to me. 

With Regads,

Durga sivakrishna

0 Kudos

durgasivakrishn
Contributor III

Hi Xiangjun Rong,

Thanks for your response, whatever you suggested we have implemented before itself. Only problem comes with the Ethernet thing. Remaining everything is working on Power ON, only Ethernet modules works after reset in the same code.

Our requirement is that everything including Ethernet should work on Power ON. Any valuable suggestions can help us to resolve the issue. We are not understanding whether the issue is from software, hardware or the SDK_2.0_MK60DN512 stack which we are using for Ethernet purpose.  

With Regards,

Durga sivakrishna 

0 Kudos

xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, Durga,

Can you confirm if the description is correct. After you load application code to flash, power off, power on, your code can not run, after you press reset button, the code run fine. right?

BR

Xiangjun Rong

0 Kudos

durgasivakrishn
Contributor III

Hi, Xiangjun Rong,

Understanding is some what wrong. We downloaded the code to flash,power off, power on, everything in my code works fine except Ethernet part. If we want to run Ethernet we need to give reset.

Once we give the reset signal then my application code along with Ethernet works fine. Otherwise only my application works but not Ethernet.

0 Kudos

xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, Durga,

Can you check if the PHY needs an external Reset signal?

If the PHY is okay, it is a bit complicated, you have to set mark and output the mark to uart to know where the code hangs.

BR

Xiangjun Rong

0 Kudos

xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, Durga,

From the phenomena, it seems the issue is a hardware issue, your power-on Reset circuit has problem instead of ethernet code.
First of all, pls develop a simple code to toggle a led, after download it to flash, check if the led flashs or not. If the led can not toggle, sure it is power-on Reset problem.

If it is power-on Reset problem, do you use RC circuit or dedicated Reset circuit? If you use RC circuit for the Reset pin, how about using the R=4.7K ohm and C=0.1uF? I check some of K64 tower board, it uses the specs.

Hope it can help you

BR

Xiangjun Rong

0 Kudos