cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's  mean  -   assertion "!status" failed: file "C:/Freescale/KSDK_1.1

Fan_xy
Contributor III

Hello

I work on KDS 2.0.0, KSDK 1.1.0,  FRDM-K64 borad.

When only  create a MQX-lite project  use KSDK-PE, then add a “OS_Task” component do not other .

Bulid , debug and run,   while on the hyper terminal, show this :

assertion "!status" failed: file "C:/Freescale/KSDK_1.1

What does it mean ? is it a bug or i missing something ?

BR

Linda

Labels (1)
3 Replies

DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Linda,

Please try to follow instructions in the below example to see if it resolves your issue.

How To: Create an MQX RTOS project with Processor Expert in Kinetis Design Studio IDE

Regards,

David

Fan_xy
Contributor III

Hi David,

Yes , i do like the DOC, while when debug and run , it will show that i mentioned before.

On my colleague's side ,it also show that error,  you can test on your side .

Thank

Linda

0 Kudos

DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Linda,

I have reproduced your observation and will try to understand the cause.

Thank you for reporting it.  I will submit a formal trouble ticket to get it resolved in the future.

OS_Task defaults to a priority of 32 which is "lower" (high number is lower priority) than LOWEST_TASK_PRIORITY and causes a assert() library function to be called.  Not certain why it doesn't output better error message.

Workaround:

1) Set the OS_Task priority between 0 and 9.

fsl_os_abstraction_mqx.c adds "7" to the priority you set in the component so as to reserve 0-7 for MQXLite OS.

Later in task.c there is code to check the priority of the task as compared to LOWEST_TASK_PRIORITY which is set to default to 16 decimal.

2) change the LOWEST_TASK_PRIORITY 40 and the default OS_Task priority of 32 will work.

UPDATED:  This is an errata and will be fixed in next KDS/PE release targeted for end of April.

Regards,

David

0 Kudos