cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart Card APIs for K2x

yklee1
Contributor II

Dear All,

I could find some descriptions at the documents included at K2x SDK(v2.0) like below.

Functions

void SMARTCARD_UART_GetDefaultConfig (smartcard_card_params_t *cardParams)
Fill in smartcard_card_params structure with default values according EMV 4.3 specification.  More...
status_t SMARTCARD_UART_Init (UART_Type *base, smartcard_context_t *context, uint32_t srcClock_Hz)
Initializes an UART peripheral for smart card/ISO-7816 operation.  More...
void SMARTCARD_UART_Deinit (UART_Type *base)
This function disables the UART interrupts, disables the transmitter and receiver, and flushes the FIFOs (for modules that support FIFOs) and gates UART clock in SIM.  More...

But at the SDK(source code) I could not find these APIs.

Could you please let me know where and how I can get them?

And does K2x serious support ISO7816 by UART?

Best Regards,

YK Lee

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

isaacavila
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello YK,

Yes you are right, K8x's smart card driver is using its EMVSIM module (that is not supported in MK24FN256) so driver is not suitable to be used in K24, sorry for this inconvenience.

In this case, you will need to use smart card driver that is based on UART like the one located at MK22FX512xxx12 package, in fact, there is an example for TWRK21F120M board that you can use as guidance.

I hope this can help you!

Best Regards,

Isaac

0 Kudos

isaacavila
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello YK,

In fact, in almost all K2x family, one UART instance has support for ISO7816 (like these ones that are expressed here: http://cache.freescale.com/files/32bit/doc/prod_brief/K20PB.pdf ) so drivers for SMARTCARDs are available for those MCUs which has support of it.

Drivers for SMARTCARD should be located at: If you look at <SDK_2.0_PATH>\devices\<CHIP>\drivers (There should be a fsl_smartcard_uart.c, fsl_smartcard_uart.h and maybe some other related to phy.)

For example, if you download MK22FX512xxx12 package, you will find these files at: <KSDK_2.0\SDK_2.0_MK22FX512xxx12\devices\MK21FA12\drivers> and also, in this same package there is an example for smartcard and TWR-K21F120M board, this is located at: C:\Freescale\KSDK_2.0\SDK_2.0_MK22FX512xxx12\boards\twrk21f120m\driver_examples\smartcard.

Best Regards,

Isaac

0 Kudos

yklee1
Contributor II

Hi Isaac,

Thanks a lot for your comments.

I checked the folder(\SDK_2.0_MK24FN256xxx12\devices\MK24F25612\drivers) you mentioned again.

But I could not find the files having the name fsl_smartcard_xxx.c.

But at SDK 1.3 I could find them at '\SDK_1.3_MK24FN256xxx12\platform\drivers\src\smartcard'.

In my thought at SDK 2.0 these files(driver) had been removed by some reason.

Do you know why they were removed at SDK 2.0?

And can we use the smart card driver included at SDK 1.3 with SDK 2.0?

And at the SDK(ver. 2.0) of K8x I could find fls_smartcard_xxx.c files at '\devices\MK80F25615\drivers'.

In your thought which one(smart card driver included at SDK K24 ver.1.3 or SDK K8x ver. 2.0) will be more suitable for SDK K24 ver 2.0?

Best Regards,

YK Lee

0 Kudos

isaacavila
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello YK,

I do not know the reason why these files were removed in KSDK 2.0 but I strongly recommend to use the K8x's files instead of using KSDK 1.3's because there are significant differences between KSDK 1.3 and 2.0 so you would need to migrate them manually.

0 Kudos

yklee1
Contributor II

Hi Isaac

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Just making sure can we use Smard Card driver included at K8x SDK 2.0 with K2x chip(+SDK 2.0)?

When comparing Smart Card driver of K8x SDK 2.0 and K2x SDK1.3 I could find big differences.

I am concerning to use Smart Card driver included at K8x SDK 2.0 with K2x chipit will require a huge effort.

Best Regards,

YK Lee

0 Kudos