MQX_KSDK_1.0.0 with PE and fsl_uart auto initialization

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MQX_KSDK_1.0.0 with PE and fsl_uart auto initialization

intractablesubt
Contributor III

I have created a MQX KSDK plus Processor Expert project using MXQ_KSDK_1.0.0 for the FRDM-K64F board following the tutorial MQX with KSDK and Processor Expert. If I add a fsl_uart component it has the "Auto Initialization" checked by default:

15226_15226.pngScreen Shot 2014-09-29 at 2.54.47 PM.png

This causes a call to UART_DRV_Init() from inside Components_Init() which is called from PE_low_level_init() which is called from main(). This is all done before the call to PEX_RTOS_START() in main(). The problem is that UART_DRV_Init() includes calls to OSA_SemaCreate() before the kernel data structures are initialized and the code crashes. If you uncheck the "Auto Initialization" box then this code sequence is avoided and the remaining code will run. Is there a recommended way of using the fsl_uart component with MQX so that the initialization occurs after MQX is up and running? How then is fsl_uart coupled in to the MQX IO layer?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello William,

For the error from your screenshot ,it can config here :

13.png

For your question, i think you can uncheck the "Auto Initialization" box , then program the uart_initial by yourself refer to your need.

Hope it helps

Alice

0 Kudos

vfilip
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

MQX integration has been already improved and fixed in 1.1.0-GA PEx SP (scheduled on Q4 this year). For now as workaround must be init. function called from some task.

rgds

VF

0 Kudos