How to: install KSDK 2.0

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello KSDK team!

I created helpful tutorial, how to install new version of KSDK.

1) Go to www.nxp.com/ksdk and click to Download button

135065_135065.pngKSDK_1.png

2) Now choose the Kinetis SDK v2 & v1.3 click Download button

135066_135066.pngKSDK_2.png

3) At the moment you are redirected to the Kinetis Expert Site, please go to Build an SDK

135067_135067.pngKSDK_3.png

4) Please, sign in and click Sign in

135068_135068.pngKSDK_4.png

5) Select MCU for the work and click Select Configuration

135069_135069.pngKSDK_5.png

6) Selected MCU is supported by KSDK 2.0, you can download the package, choose the toolchain and Operation System.

(Also you can add µC/OS-II and µC/OS-III to your package), click on Build SDK Package

135070_135070.pngKSDK_6.png

7) Done, check Software Vault tab

135071_135071.pngKSDK_7.png

8) Please, go to Preferences

135072_135072.pngKSDK_8.png

9) Please, fill the Preferences and don´t forget Save

135073_135073.pngKSDK_10.png

10) After successful filling Preferences you are able to see the package in the window

135074_135074.pngKSDK_11.png

11) Read the Software Terms and Conditions and agree with them

135075_135075.pngKSDK_12.png

12) Save the package and you can start with KSDK 2.0

135076_135076.pngKSDK_13.png

SDK API Documentation v.2.0 is located Kinetis SDK 2.0 API Reference Manual: Introduction

135078_135078.pngKSDK_14.png

Enjoy KSDK 2.0!

All feedbacks are very welcome!

Best Regards,

Iva

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
Comments

Is there any plan to add Processor Expert support?

Hi,

no, there will be a replacement by another tool.

-Iva

I understand that some developer might not want to download all the processor versions, and this makes a smaller download.

But, some of us do, needing to support multiple parts and packages.

To get support for multiple parts (or packages), the current method is causing me to download the entire package for each part.

Comparing the downloads, for the most part, only the devices and boards has any differences. Sometimes there is more "middleware" included.
Every time, I'm also downloading the tool suite, libraries, etc.

Would you please add the ability to select multiple, or all, devices to the tool? Or at least the entire family?

-Steve

Steve -

This feedback has been communicated with the engineering team behind the package builder.

Regards

thank you. My problem has been solved.

Jason,
We're at the point in our project where we've got a window to look into converting from 1.3 to 2.0.
I'm concerned with setting up version control, and having to have separate areas for single processors.

I looked into merging multiple packages manually, and it's not trivial, especially with the manifest.
Any update on when, or even if, NXP will support multiple processors in a single package?

Thank,
Steve

Hi Steve,

unfortunately not. There is no easy way how to comfortably migrate the project from 1.3 to 2.0 because of a lot of changes.

It is recommended to create new KSDK 2.0 project  and copy your code into this new project. Then is needed setup the pins and clocks through hardware_init(). Not sure, what is your project about.

At the moment there is still option for downloading only 1 package per 1 device.

If I will know the update about this, I will let you know.

Thank you for your feedback.

Have a nice day!

Iva

Technical Support Engineer

Any updates regarding downloading support for multiple processors in the same package?  Or a release supporting all processors?  I'm currently forced to merge and maintain a pseudo repository kinetis-sdk2 / mcuxpresso-sdk (or whatever the new name is) to support parts.  Would be handy of Freescale/NXP/Qualcomm followed a model of releasing an upstream repository via git or similar.

I am unable to get KDS to recognize my KSDK 2.0 download. The toolchain is set to Kinetis Design Studio but when I go to download it I see

This MCUXpresso SDK configuration is available for direct download

I can't seem to find a tutorial that matches what I actually see when I try to run through the setup of a project.

Same here. The SW seems flaky. I have also tried to follow tutorials just to get a "Blinky" project up and running, but it falls short on the loading of the 2.2 SDK:

Tutorial: Blinky with NXP Kinetis SDK V2.0 and Processor Expert | MCU on Eclipse 

Does not work with the SDK exported from 

Iva,

I have just upgraded to KDS 3.2.0 and am trying to install KSDK 2.0, using your instructions.

When I click on the [Download] button in step 2) my browser intercepts the download with the warning:
>
> The security certificate presented by this website was issued for a different
> website's address.
>
> Security certificate problems may indicate an attempt to fool you or intercept any
> data you send to the server.
>
> We recommend that you close this webpage and do not continue to this website.
>

Is it possible your site has been hacked?  Explorer refuses to let me access it.

No ratings
Version history
Last update:
‎02-01-2016 04:06 AM
Updated by: