Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error [Li005] no definition for __iar_FDtest

Jump to solution
sourabh_vyas
Contributor I

In IAR 8.0 while compiling the code i'm getting this error

error [Li005] no definition for __iar_FDtest[referenced from MeteringRun.o(MetLibary.a)].

1 Solution
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Sourabh vyas,

Thank you for your updated information.

So, the problem may still be the compatibility problems between IAR7 and IAR8.

The library may build in the IAR7, then if you use the IAR8 to include the IAR7 library, it has the problems.

Then, if you use that MetLibary old lib, you may still need to use IAR7.

BTW, you can share your official code link, I will help you to check whether that code still in updated support or not.

Have a great day,
kerry

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi sourabh vyas,

Please tell me what's the code you are compiling now? Is it the official code or your own code.

It seems you lack the MetLibary.a, your project use it, but you didn't add that library.

Have a great day,
Kerry

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

sourabh_vyas
Contributor I

Thanks for replying.

This code is official code. we are using IAR7, in that  is compiling perfectly but when we are migrating to IAR 8 it is throwing this error. This "MetLibary.a" is present in library folder.

IAR 7 is taking care but IAR 8 not.

How to resolve this thing sir. 

0 Kudos
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Sourabh vyas,

Thank you for your updated information.

So, the problem may still be the compatibility problems between IAR7 and IAR8.

The library may build in the IAR7, then if you use the IAR8 to include the IAR7 library, it has the problems.

Then, if you use that MetLibary old lib, you may still need to use IAR7.

BTW, you can share your official code link, I will help you to check whether that code still in updated support or not.

Have a great day,
kerry

Note: