cant program FRDM-KL25Z

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cant program FRDM-KL25Z

jeffsylvester
Contributor III

cant program Fredom KL25Z demo board or debug with MCUXpresso IDE 10.0 using PE micro open SDA link server flash programmer tells me there are no probes attached

0 Kudos
7 Replies

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jeff,

Just to check the obvious: I assume you have the P&E OpenSDA firmware loaded on the board and it has enumerated as a debug probe (check your device manager)? And of course you are using the OpenSDA (and not target) USB port, correct?

Do you have any *.launch files inside your project root folder? If so, deleting them will re-trigger a probe search, so you could try that.

Other than that, posting your project would be helpful.

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos

jeffsylvester
Contributor III

I believe this is some kind of tool setup issue, or maybe driver issue,  I think Eclipse is looking for an actual debugger probe, like a JLINK or PEMICRO Multi,   when I am using onboard PE_OSD?

0 Kudos

Carlos_Mendoza
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jeff,

Please try loading the latest opensda firmware to the board, I just did a test using a KL25Z board with this firmware and it is working correctly.

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

Hope it helps!

Best Regards,
Carlos Mendoza
Technical Support Engineer

0 Kudos

jeffsylvester
Contributor III

I think it was a configuration problem,  If I click on the blue Bug in MCUXpresso, it actually works now, if I click the green Bug something goes wrong,  and the icon next to the debug is different I think this is related to Eclipse Run Configurations setup,  is there any notes on the proper way to set up configurations?

0 Kudos

Carlos_Mendoza
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jeff,

It is nice to hear it is now working. Yes, the green bug icon should not be used because this invokes the standard Eclipse debug operation and skips certain essential MCUXpresso IDE debug steps.

Hope it helps!

Best Regards,
Carlos Mendoza
Technical Support Engineer

0 Kudos

jeffsylvester
Contributor III

thanks Carlos,  I downloaded directly from PE Micro and did this update yesterday, looks like something still not working, do you think this is an eclipse settings issue, or maybe a USB driver?

DownloadfromPEMicro.jpg

NewDriversLoaded.jpg

0 Kudos

jeffsylvester
Contributor III

I assume I have Opens SDA loaded, it shows up in device manger, and I got the board at a training long time ago, we went through steps to make the board do stuff...   now actually trying to use the board for actual application,   I am just trying to program one of the many free example code, and the program part is barfing,   Board Setup.JPG

0 Kudos