Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debugging stops at Cpu_ivINT_Mem_Manage_Fault and Cpu_ivINT_Hard_Fault

lianakarlajoyga
Contributor I

Hello,

Newbie here.

I am currently using Kinetis and Processor expert to program MK10DX64VLH7 processor. I added a PIT (Init_PIT) component to be able to toggle one of the output pins but it's not working. I decided to try and use the GDB SEGGER J-Link for debugging but it always stops at either Cpu_ivINT_Hard_Fault or Cpu_ivINT_Mem_Manage_Fault.

Could you help me fix this issue?

Labels (1)
Tags (4)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

You can refer the attached project and images. I am using KDS3.2 and Processor Expert.

PIT K10.png

Best Regards,

Robin

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

lianakarlajoyga
Contributor I

Hello,

I already modified my code to make it similar to yours but it's still stopping at Cpu_ivINT_Hard_Fault. The only differences I can think of between our settings are the timer load value and the base clock frequency.

debugmode.PNG

hardwareview.PNG

I also attached my project for your reference.

0 Kudos

Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

The following two articles should help you to find the reason for the hard-fault:

Debugging Hard Faults on ARM Cortex-M

A Processor Expert Component to Help with Hard Faults

Have you try to test the default FEI mode without any modify. Will the MCU hard-fault still happen?
Please let me know the Mask of your MCU. So we can check if there are some errata meet your case.

You can take a photo, just like below:

K10.jpg

Best Regards,

Robin

0 Kudos