Why can't I start an AD conversion in an interrupt service?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I start an AD conversion in an interrupt service?

Jump to solution
unclemike
Contributor III

I am trying to see if I can get a MC9S08QE32 project running in a Kinetis KE02 and I am having trouble with the AD converter.  AD conversions work when I start them in the foreground, but when I start a conversion inside an ISR I wind up in CPU_ivINT_Hard_Fault().

I am using Codewarrior 10.7.0

Thanks,

Michael

Labels (1)
1 Solution
Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Michael,

For the KE02\04\06 we recommand to use KEXX_DRIVERS_V1.2.1_DEVD. Because the KE02\04\06 is not on the support list of KSDK1.3 and KSDK2.0(MCUXpresso-SDK).

There are cw(CodeWarrior10.x) projects in KEXX_DRIVERS_V1.2.1_DEVD too. You can test these projects.

KEXX_DRIVERS_V1.2.1_DEVD cw.png
You can use KDS3.2 or CodeWarrior10.6 to generate Processor Expert project of KE0x.

KDS3.2 PE.png

KDS3.2 PE KE0x.png

Select Processor Expert.png

See below attach method:

reply.png

Attach.png

Best Regards,

Robin

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

Have you try to use the ADC_Int_demo in KEXX_DRIVERS_V1.2.1_DEVD.

KEXX_DRIVERS_V1.2.1_DEVD.png

ADC_Int_demo.png
Or you can attached your project here, so that we can help you easier.

Best Regards,

Robin

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
unclemike
Contributor III

Hi Robin:

I am doing all this to see what is involved in moving a project from a S08QE to a KE0x.  The QE project was done with Codewarrior 10.6 and Processor Expert.  I was trying to use them for the KE project as well.

It seems like NXP's preferred IDE for KE0x is IAR and KEXX Drivers.  Is this correct?  In 'MCUXpresso Supported Devices.pdf' in the KDS column it says "released", but in the KDSK 1.3 and KDSK 2.0 columns it says "no".  It also says MCUXpresso support is not  planned.

I would upload a zip file for you to look at, butI don't see a way to attach anything to this message.

Thank you for your time,

Michael

0 Kudos
Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Michael,

For the KE02\04\06 we recommand to use KEXX_DRIVERS_V1.2.1_DEVD. Because the KE02\04\06 is not on the support list of KSDK1.3 and KSDK2.0(MCUXpresso-SDK).

There are cw(CodeWarrior10.x) projects in KEXX_DRIVERS_V1.2.1_DEVD too. You can test these projects.

KEXX_DRIVERS_V1.2.1_DEVD cw.png
You can use KDS3.2 or CodeWarrior10.6 to generate Processor Expert project of KE0x.

KDS3.2 PE.png

KDS3.2 PE KE0x.png

Select Processor Expert.png

See below attach method:

reply.png

Attach.png

Best Regards,

Robin

unclemike
Contributor III

Hi Robin:

The good news is I am running now.  Thanks!

Still puzzled by attachments...    When I hit "reply" at the bottom of your post "  I see "reply to robin_shen" and right below it is a gray bar that says:

B  I  (and more things I can't type)

there is no blue "use advanced editor", no blue "actions", and no blue "Attach" at the bottom of the window.  the buttons are "post" and "cancel", no "add comment" or "add reply"

This is not so important now, but I may want to upload a file someday. 

Xin Nian Kuai Le

Michael

0 Kudos