What should be the reason for getting timeout error while pinging in MQX 4.1?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What should be the reason for getting timeout error while pinging in MQX 4.1?

omkardixit
Contributor III

We are using the TWR-K70F12M dev board with MQX 4.1 where we are developing an application in which we are giving two options to the user as follows,

1)SNMP

2) Webpage

For the implementation of the same, we referred to the below link 

https://community.nxp.com/t5/MQX-Software-Solutions/MQX-RTCS/m-p/1009894

We followed the procedure mentioned in the above link. But, after implementation, we observed that whenever we try to ping the board timeout errors are coming frequently.

As in our application webpage is playing the main role we cannot afford this pinging issue.

How we can solve this issue? any help will be really appreciated.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Omkardixit:

Not sure your problem, but for TWR-K70120M board, it is important to know that plug both the processor and the serial board (TWR-SER) into the TOWER.  The processor should  use the external clock from the Ethernet PHY on the serial board . If not, there is a possibility to loose eth packets.

Regards

Daniel

Regards

Daniel

0 Kudos

omkardixit
Contributor III

Hello danielchen

Thanks for the reply. Basically, we have made our own custom board where we are using Ethernet PHY. Also, we have confirmed that the external clock is getting received. 

Is there anything we need to change at the code level? for example in HTTP 1.0, the server always closes the connection after sending the response unless the client sent a Connection: keep-alive request header and the server sent a Connection: keep-alive. So, if no such response header exists, the client must close its end of the connection after receiving a response.

I'm guessing here because of this header, I'm facing a ping issue.

So Is my understanding correct here? If so, then how we can implement the same header in the current MQX4.1 version?

Any help will be really appreciated!

Regards

Omkar Dixit

0 Kudos