Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watchdog Interrupt Flag

Jump to solution
rmaier
Contributor III

Hello,

I am using a KEAZ128 MCU. I am working on the watchdog, and would like to conditionally do some things depend on whether a POR or watchdog reset has occurred. I attempted to use the Watchdog flag (WDOG_CS2_FLG) at system initialization to catch this condition, but I cannot get WDOG_CS2_FLG =1. It's always 0. Does this flag only persist during the 128 bus clock cycles before reset? I am able to set a RAM variable to a particular value and catch this, but not the flag.

Any instructions or recommendations are greatly appreciated.

Robert

0 Kudos
1 Solution
nxf77486
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @rmaier 

The register SIM_SRSID (System Reset Status and ID Registers), indicates a reset by WDOG timer timing out (field 5). And also indicates that the reset has occurred on POR (field 7). This will help to catch whenever a reset has occurred so you can finish with the rest of your application.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
nxf77486
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @rmaier 

The register SIM_SRSID (System Reset Status and ID Registers), indicates a reset by WDOG timer timing out (field 5). And also indicates that the reset has occurred on POR (field 7). This will help to catch whenever a reset has occurred so you can finish with the rest of your application.