The problem with the passage of data packets over CAN bus

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The problem with the passage of data packets over CAN bus

alexeykulko
Contributor I

Hello. We have downloaded from your site library driver MSCAN_DRIVER to work with CAN bus controller KEA128. We use the debug board TRK-KEA128. The program is made of examples taken from the description of the library. The program periodically sends a data packet. The two-wire line with contact CANL, CANH to pay tribute to the analyzer CAN network. As a result, the parser does not record any data packets. Viewed on an oscilloscope. With the controller chip transmitter / receiver are PC339 data. After the chip is nothing. We tried as a ready example, bundled with a library, the same result. I do not tell you what could be the reason? We put the project. Thanks in advance.

Original Attachment has been moved to: can03.zip

Labels (1)
3 Replies

david_diaz
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Alexey,

I have some questions regarding your application:

• Do you read something at the CAN transmitter output pin (TxD_CAN) just before your transceiver?

• Could you please sent to me the datasheet of your transceiver?

• Regarding your code, why are you setting the ID with 0?

Have a great day. :smileyhappy:

Best Regards,

David Diaz

0 Kudos

alexeykulko
Contributor I

Hello. We believe , found the cause of failure. Output STB is not pulled to the ground ! The resistor R66 (4.7 ohm ) , which is the diagram in pdf on the card has not been set in TRK-KEA! Soldered resistor and it worked . I can not understand why he was not there ?!

Среда, 3 июня 2015, 13:18 -07:00 от david_diaz <admin@community.freescale.com>:

>

>The problem with the passage of data packets over CAN bus

>reply from David Diaz Marin in Kinetis Microcontrollers - View the full discussion

0 Kudos

david_diaz
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Alexey,

I am glad to know your application works properly.

Indeed, based on the TRK-KEA128 schematic​ , the R66 is not populated.

It is necessary to add the resistor mentioned in case you want to use that module.

Have an excellent day. :smileyhappy:

Best Regards,

David Diaz

0 Kudos