Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TWR-K20D50 run only in debugging mode and not standalone

Jump to solution
dominikfallmann
Contributor II

Hallo,

I am using a TWR-K20D50 board, I am programming with Segger j-link and use Kinetis Design Studio 3.1.0.

After flashing the program on the controller of the TWR-K20D50 board, the TWR-K20D50 board do not start to run. Pressing the reset-button does not help. If I click step per step through the program at the debug perspective I can see that the board works well, but not standalone. I have connect the board all the time with power at connector J12 "Power/OSJTAG Mini-AB USB Connector".

Do I have set an option to run the board in a standalone mode after flashing with j-link?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Dominik,

I have seen cases where semihosting was the problem. If you are using semihosting (e.g. printf()), then it will stall the board if no debug session is active.

Erich

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
dominikfallmann
Contributor II

Cpu_ivINT_PIT1_img0.jpg

I can see that it stopped at an interrupt. If I do not use the PIT and I use a "for loop" to wait a time then the board can run standalone. I do not understand why it stopped.

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Dominik,

I have seen cases where semihosting was the problem. If you are using semihosting (e.g. printf()), then it will stall the board if no debug session is active.

Erich

0 Kudos