Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM Clock Config Error

Jump to solution
nicholas2000
Contributor I

Kinetis Microcontrollers 

Hello, I am using the MKS20FN128VLL12 micro controller for a new project. I have not added any source code yet to the project, I have only configured the pins and clocks.

When I attempt to configure the clock in MCG Mode: PEE and then update the generated code I receive the following errors:

../board/clock_config.c:140:10: error: 'sim_clock_config_t' {aka 'const struct _sim_clock_config'} has no member named 'pllFllFrac'
140 | .pllFllFrac = 0, /* PLLFLLSEL clock divider fraction: multiplied by 1 */
| ^~~~~~~~~~

and,

../board/clock_config.c:139:10: error: 'sim_clock_config_t' {aka 'const struct _sim_clock_config'} has no member named 'pllFllDiv'; did you mean 'pllFllSel'?
139 | .pllFllDiv = 0, /* PLLFLLSEL clock divider divisor: divided by 1 */
| ^~~~~~~~~
| pllFllSel

The only work around was to manually delete the lines of code to avoid any errors when building the code. Is there anyway to manually set these settings on the SIM clock?

Thanks,
Nicholas

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Nicholas,

Sorry for the inconvenience we bring you! 
Thank you for the report, I'll inform the SDK team about this.
You can add these two lines. This should be fixed in KSDK 2.5.0.

sim_clock_config_t.png

Best Regards,
Robin
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Nicholas,

Sorry for the inconvenience we bring you! 
Thank you for the report, I'll inform the SDK team about this.
You can add these two lines. This should be fixed in KSDK 2.5.0.

sim_clock_config_t.png

Best Regards,
Robin
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

nicholas2000
Contributor I

This worked well, thanks for the help Robin. Is there an ETA for when KSDK 2.5.0 will be released?

0 Kudos
Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

You are welcome.
Sorry to tell you that there is no ETA for when SDK_2_5_0_MKS20FN128xxx12 will be released.

0 Kudos
myke_predko
Senior Contributor III

@Robin_Shen 

Is this an "SDK" or "KSDK" problem?  @nicholas2000 showed a picture of what looked like the MCUXpresso Clock Wizard - does the KSDK work with MCUXpresso?  

Tags (1)
Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

It's SDK problem. I have reproduce this problem on MCUXpresso IDE with SDK_2_4_1_MKS20FN128xxx12.