取消
显示结果 
显示  仅  | 搜索替代 
您的意思是: 

eDMA SSIZE not equal to DSIZE

932 次查看
sean_dvorscak
Contributor III

I am trying to figure out how the eDMA transfers data when the SSIZE does not equal the DSIZE.

If SSIZE > DSIZE, does the DMA break the read into multiple writes?  Is the data order preserved as well?  So if I had 0xDEADBEEF as my source data, and I have different combinations of DSIZE and SSIZE, will the result be the same if DSIZE = SSIZE.

There are multiple cases that I want to know about whether they will achieve the same result.  SSIZE(0) and DSIZE(2), SSIZE(1) and DSIZE(2), SSIZE(2) and DSIZE(1), SSIZE(2) and DSIZE(0), etc.  Will these combinations produce the same result as SSIZE(2) and DSIZE(2)?

0 项奖励
回复
5 回复数

918 次查看
Alexis_A
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @sean_dvorscak,

Can you let me know which device are you using?

Best Regards,

Alexis Andalon

0 项奖励
回复

911 次查看
sean_dvorscak
Contributor III

Hi Alexis,

I am using the MKE18F processor.

Thank you.

0 项奖励
回复

903 次查看
Alexis_A
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @sean_dvorscak,

Usually, is recommendable that the DSIZE and SSIZE match but could you let me know what are you trying to do? Which kind of transfer are you trying to do (memory-memory, peripheral-memory, memory-peripheral)?

Best Regards,
Alexis Andalon

0 项奖励
回复

898 次查看
sean_dvorscak
Contributor III

I am working on building a simulated KE18 environment, and part of that is going to include DMA.  I am trying to get a better understanding of how the DMA DSIZE and SSIZE work when it comes to transferring data.

I don't intend to ever have DSIZE != SSIZE, but just incase someone configures DSIZE != SSIZE, I would like to have something to simulate.

0 项奖励
回复

873 次查看
Alexis_A
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @sean_dvorscak,

Doing some test, using different SSIZE and DSIZE couldn't make it work. The alternative for this was using the smallest variable size, for example, if you want to move an array of 8-bit variable to a 32-bit variable array you could set the SSIZE and DSIZE to 8-bit and change the offset depending if you want to fill al the variable or only the first byte.

The format of the variable is not relevant for the DMA.

Best Regards,

Alexis Andalon

0 项奖励
回复