cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query on FRDM SDK

Javad_Baig
Contributor II

Hello,

I am working on FRDM KW-38 SDK application, when we install and import any application of sdk into MCUXpresso  workspace set of folders/libraries/drivers will get included in the project explorer like CMSIS, Bluetooth, board, framework, device, drivers, etc...

Here my concern is to know which file in the sdk is responsible to include these respective files(like CMSIS, Bluetooth, board, framework, device, drivers, etc...) which are visible in IDE.

Is it a manifest file or some other file?, and also how can I add my new folder which should be visible in IDE workspace after installing and importing the project.

Below I have attached a screenshot of the folders visible in the project for reference, Please help me out at the earliest. Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Javad

0 Kudos
1 Reply

ovidiu_usturoi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @Javad_Baig , 

The manifest file is in the SDK folder: ...\SDK_2.6.11_FRDM-KW38\board_FRDM-KW38_manifest_v3_5.xml and each project have a xml file for MCUXpresso:

e.g. w_uart: ....\SDK_2.6.11_FRDM-KW38\boards\frdmkw38\wireless_examples\bluetooth\w_uart\freertos\wireless_uart_freertos.xml

These files are automatically generated based on some internal scripts.

Now considering that for your project you have a dedicated workspace, the easiest method to add folders is to copy the folders into the workspace -> project folder -> these will be automatically seen in the MCUXpresso by pressing the "Refresh" - F5 button:

ovidiu_usturoi_1-1626175422900.png

and next, you will have to update the project-> include files:

ovidiu_usturoi_2-1626175499019.png

Let us know if more details are required.

Regards,

Ovidiu