cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programming K10 device with P&E Multilink

Klayton
Contributor III

Howdy,

New to Kinetis processors and CodeWarrior so forgive any dumb*** questions.  I have a board with a K10 processor on it and I am attempting to load code using the P&E Multilink JTAG programmer.  I duplicated the JTAG port from the K60 tower kit on my board but have been unable to load any code.  I was able to load code on the tower using the P&E but not on my board.  The specific error I keep getting is: 

Failed to resume target process., ARM GDI Protocol Adapter : Can't connect. The Debugger can not connect to the P&E device

I am running the latest update of CodeWarrior.

Again, I am very new to this processor and environment so any help would be greatly appreciated.  

0 Kudos
5 Replies

Chris86
Contributor II

Hi,

have you controlled your JTAG lines and the Reset line of the board to the Kinetis with a scope?

0 Kudos

Klayton
Contributor III

Chris86,

I am assuming when you say controlled you mean probed?  Looking at the reset, TCLK, TDI, TDO lines, everything looks as it should.  The reset line gets pulled low and the data starts flowing.  As far as decoding the data I haven't got that far.  I also scoped the JTAG lines on the K60 Tower board.  The only difference I can see is that the reset line on the K60 Tower has a little more RC curve on it's rise.  Thanks for the reply.

K

0 Kudos

Klayton
Contributor III

Fixed the issue, wound up being the JTAG_TRST pin (PTA5).  Opened the trace to this pin and everything worked.

0 Kudos

Mohsin455
Contributor IV

Hi,

I am also facing similar problem. What should the JTAG_TRSTpin be connected to. At the moment it is not connected.

Thanks,

Mohsin

0 Kudos

Alis5
Contributor I

Hello,

I have had the same problem, with getting the chip up and running, (using JTAG and P&E Multilink). 

I couldn't get any commincations with the chip through JTAG, just got an error-screen where it asked if I wanted to try to download again.

The suggestion from different ways was to add a small resistor (around 10-33ohm) in serie with all JTAG-pins, and use PullUp on all JTAG-pins. But this didn't help.

When I looked at the reset-pin, I could see that it behaved very strangely, it was oscillating and sometimes got stuck on around 1,4-1,5V.

The final trick was to have a PullUp on the EZP_CS pin. If this pin is low when the reset-pin goes high (after a power on), it seems to stay in a mode where it doesn't work (you can only talk to the chip through the EZP-communication). 

Hope this can help someone that have problems with programming the Kinetis family through JTAG.

0 Kudos