cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems debugging with J-Link and IAR EWARM with K20

Jump to solution
tomtalkington
Contributor III

I am doing development with IAR EWARM, Segger JLink and an MK20.  Was building up my environment for the new board.  Libraries for MFS, Shell etc.  I am now experiencing debugging issues.  After programming has finished and execution begins, the LED on the JLINK flashes red (and green), execution is slow and it never makes it out of the start up code.  If I load another project I don't have this issue.  Has anyone seen this before and know what it might be.  It has me stumped.

Regards,

Tom

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
tomtalkington
Contributor III

I unchecked the 'run to main' in the debugger settings and single stepped through startup.  The problem turned out to be in the IAR startup code.  In spite of the IAR settings all indicating that the MK20 does not have an FPU, the startup code was always initializing and enabling it which resulted in an unhandled exception.  The problem appears to be in IAR's court now.  I reported it but have not heard back yet.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Tom,

First of all, I guess the root of issue is from the project , not the hardware design.

So I'd like to suggest that you can find out the line of code that the project stuck in through the debugging.

I think it can help you out the issue by this approach.
Have a great day,
Ping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
tomtalkington
Contributor III

I unchecked the 'run to main' in the debugger settings and single stepped through startup.  The problem turned out to be in the IAR startup code.  In spite of the IAR settings all indicating that the MK20 does not have an FPU, the startup code was always initializing and enabling it which resulted in an unhandled exception.  The problem appears to be in IAR's court now.  I reported it but have not heard back yet.

0 Kudos