Multiple micro SD-Cards (SanDisk) on usdhc bus

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple micro SD-Cards (SanDisk) on usdhc bus

walterzimmer
Contributor I

I like to increase Disk storage by adding multiple micro SD Cards onto a single SDHC bus (MK66FX1M0 and IMXRT1052).

NO SPI with separated CS but single SDHC bus

Can it be done?

How is it done HW and SW wise?

II test with MK66, where I added 2 microSD cards using SD card adapter.

All signals are in parallel.

I read that CMD2 and CMD3 have to be repeated until no card responds and each card that responded to CMD2 should go to inactive state.

However, it seams that only one card is responding continuously changing the suggested RCA

(e.g. when I cycle 6 times CMD2/CMD3 - with 2 cards - I get RCA of 'AAAA',  'AAAB', 'AAAC', 'AAAD', 'AAAE', 'AAAF'

Any suggestion on HW and SW?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Walter Zimmer,

MK66 just have one SDHC module, so you just can add one SD card.

If you want to add the other SD card in the K66, you need to use the SPI interface.

From my viewpoint, you can't use two SD card in parallel with the same SDHC interface.

You can try the sd card on your side, if each SD card works alone, but two sd cards can't work together, it will also demonstrate that theory.

About the SD card code for K66, you can refer to the SDK code, which can be downloaded from this link:

Welcome | MCUXpresso SDK Builder 

Select the FRDM-K66 board, then generate the code, and download it.

You can find the SD code from this folder:

SDK_2.5.0_FRDM-K66F\boards\frdmk66f\driver_examples\sdcard

Wish it helps you!

If you still have question about it, please kindly let me know.

Have a great day,
Kerry

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos