cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving application location in memory

Jump to solution
pbaierlac
Contributor I

I am using the MK10DX256.  I am trying to move my application to address 0x2000 so that the bootloader will reside in 0x0000 - 0x1FFF.

When I attempt to debug my application it immediately faults.

pbaierlac_0-1661955832595.png

pbaierlac_3-1661956142006.png

Here is my memory setup:

pbaierlac_2-1661955902758.png

In my main() I set SCB->VTOR = to 0x2000.  It does not appear my code is ever reaching the main() function.

If I move my application back to address 0x0000 I have no issues and it runs normally.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi pbaierlac,

Please refer to the discussion in How to debug bootloader and application codes together in MCUXpresso

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,
Robin
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi pbaierlac,

Please refer to the discussion in How to debug bootloader and application codes together in MCUXpresso

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,
Robin
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos
alvamiler
Contributor I

How do I use IAR to put the rbf file in the stated address of flash?

0 Kudos
pbaierlac
Contributor I

Thank for the help!  This did correct my issue.  It would be nice to just debug the application regardless of location like we could in code warrior.  

0 Kudos