Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mistake in Kinetis K70-Datasheet?

Jump to solution
andy87
Contributor II

Hallo,

I'm a little bit confused:).

I tried to communicate with the UART-interface on the TWR-SER-Board.

So I looked in the schematic of the seriell-board which pins I have to use:

PTE17 --> RXD1 and PTE16 -->TXD1 on the UART1.

But if I try to multiplex the Ports to UART1, there is no alternative in the datasheet to do this.

I can only multiplex to UART2.

Can anyone tell me where my fault is?

Regards,

Andy

1 Solution
JimDon
Senior Contributor III

If PTE17 and PTE16 are the pins that go to the level converter on the serial board, you MUST use UART2 as that is the only UART that can be routed to those pins.

If you look at the "K70 Signal Multiplexing and Pin Assignments" chart, you will see that only UART2 ,PRC mux setting 3, can be used on those pins.

The mistake, if there is one, is that the schematic may have led to believe that it was UART1 of the chip, when in fact they probably meant  "the first UART  we are connecting".

The Freedom board schematic misled me in a similar manner by referring to UART1, when in fact it was connected to the pins for UART0.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
apanecatl
Senior Contributor II

The answer Jim provided is correct, as per the schematics UART2 in YWR-K70F120M is connected to the serial ports RS232 and RS485 in the TWR-SER communications board, there is no mistake in the K70 datasheet.

0 Kudos
JimDon
Senior Contributor III

If PTE17 and PTE16 are the pins that go to the level converter on the serial board, you MUST use UART2 as that is the only UART that can be routed to those pins.

If you look at the "K70 Signal Multiplexing and Pin Assignments" chart, you will see that only UART2 ,PRC mux setting 3, can be used on those pins.

The mistake, if there is one, is that the schematic may have led to believe that it was UART1 of the chip, when in fact they probably meant  "the first UART  we are connecting".

The Freedom board schematic misled me in a similar manner by referring to UART1, when in fact it was connected to the pins for UART0.

muhammad_qasim
Contributor I

You can try for UART2. I think it will work .

PORTE_BASE + PCR16 = PORT_PCR_MUX(0x3)

PORTE_BASE + PCR17 = PORT_PCR_MUX(0x3)

SIM_SCGC4 |= SIM_SCGC4_UART2_MASK

0 Kudos