cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

K64F FreeRTOS UART demo not receiving any data

m4l490n
Contributor V

Hello

Recently I have created a demo project for the FRDM-K64F board using the SDK2.1. The sample project is to see how to use the UART in FreeRTOS.

The board sends data properly but it then stops working and is not receiving anything. I single-stepped into the code and I'm observing that the code gets stuck at line 290 in the file fsl_uart_freertos.c, specifically on the statement

ev = xEventGroupWaitBits(handle->rxEvent, RTOS_UART_COMPLETE | RTOS_UART_RING_BUFFER_OVERRUN | RTOS_UART_HARDWARE_BUFFER_OVERRUN, pdTRUE, pdFALSE, portMAX_DELAY);

Why is this happening? I haven't modified anything, I'm using the project exactly as it is generated. I attach a copy in case you don't want to generate it. Just import it within eclipse.

Thanks!!

Original Attachment has been moved to: uart_rx.zip

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Manuel:

FreeRTOS is in the blocked state to wait for a bit or group of bits to become set. Could you please attach your project?

We have some uart demos under the KSDK installation folder

SDK_2.1_FRDM-K64F\boards\frdmk64f\driver_examples\uart

Regards

Daniel

0 Kudos

m4l490n
Contributor V

Hello

Yeah, I can see that is waiting for that, the thing is that I send data to the board and nothing happens. My project is the freertos_uart example generated by the KSDK2.0 project generator without any modifications.

You can get it when creating a KSDK2.x project in eclipse. I would attach it but I don't see the attach option in this editor.

Thanks for helping!!

0 Kudos

danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Manuel:

Sorry I lost tracking of this thread. I tested the project your attached. it works on my side. Please see the below picture.

This uart example demonstrates the possibility to use the UART driver in the RTOS. The example uses single instance of UART IP and writes string info, and then reads back chars. After every 4B received, these are sent back on UART.

pastedImage_1.png

Regards

Daniel

0 Kudos