K64/CR20A Border Router Terminal Stops Working

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

K64/CR20A Border Router Terminal Stops Working

chance
Contributor I

I'm using the connectivity software 1.0.2 for the MKW2xD. Using the border router example (no code changes), I was able create a thread network, connect a KW41Z end device, edit routes, and ping other devices on the network. With no changes to the K64, it would start resetting randomly, reform the thread network, then not reading input from the terminal. 

For example, after reforming the thread network, I would enter 'ifconfig'. Instead of seeing the two interface with addresses, the cursor just moves to the next line.

When debugging through IAR, I'm getting a exception frame and ending up in the hard fault handler after issuing 'thr create' command on the border router, or 'thr join' on the KW41Z end device. The exception frame is coming somewhere within the THR_StartInstance function. Any ideas what would be causing this?

Edit: Seems that when the K64 has not formed a thread network and restarts, it continues to function normally. If a thread network has been formed and there is a restart, it will hit the hard fault handler at some point. Looking to see where the reset is being called.

Edit 2: The reset is being called from APP_CriticalExitCb, which is called from a function I don't have access to. What would be causing the stack to be in a deadlock situation?

Here is the call stack:

APP_CriticalExitCb

[EVM_EventNotify + 0x65]

[ND_MsgRaRcv + 0x383]

[ICMP_ProcessMessage + 0xaf]

[ICMP_ReceiveInternal + 0x51]

[NWKU_MsgHandler + 0x13]

THR_Task

prvTaskExitError

Below are the call stacks when I reach the hard fault handle

Call stack after forming thread network then random reset:

HardFault_Handler

<Exception frame>

[THR_StartIP_Internal + 0x43]

[THR_StartIP + 0x2f]

[THR_StartInstance + 0x17f]

APP_Init

main_task

startup_task

prvTaskExitError

Call stack after forming thread network, add extroute, then random reset:

HardFault_handler

<Exception frame>

[THR_NwkData_SyncServiceTLVs + 0xb5]

[THR_BrPrefixAttrSync + 0x39]

NET_RaRouteInfoReceived

[NWKU_MsgHandler + 0x13]

APP_Handler

main_task

startup_task

prvTaskExitError

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

gerardo_rodriguez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Chance,

Can you confirm the Thread stack versions that you are using? I tested this on my side with Thread v1.1.1.13 on the FRDM-K64+MCR20A as Border Router and Thread v1.1.1.18 on the FRDM-KW41Z as End Device and couldn't replicate this behavior.

0 Kudos