Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interface Edge lock SE05x into MK81

Jump to solution
Thiru_S
Contributor III

Hi,

We have connected the SE051C2 secure chip into MK81 via I2C, we got some SDK examples from nxp site for different MCU's. But we are unable to find the MK81 supported SE05x examples.

We need HAL and interface program to interface the SE05x into MK81, if you have any SDK examples that supports MK81, please share with us.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Thiru_S ,

Sorry, no such kind of program available, but maybe you can refer to the nano package which just contains the minimal components out of the MW, it also support MK64 based on MCUXpress IDE, but porting should be much easier.

https://github.com/NXPPlugNTrust/nano-package .

Have a great day,
Kan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Thiru_S ,

So far the MW just supports MK64 indeed, so you have to do some adaption for MK81. You may use the SDK based MW demos as a starting point. Please refer to https://www.nxp.com/webapp/Download?colCode=SDK-EVK-FRDMK64F-SE05X&appType=license for details.

Hope that helps,

Have a great day,
Kan

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

Thiru_S
Contributor III

Thank you for the K64 SDK examples,

We just want to make sure about I2C connection between SE05x and K81, is there any way or procedure to check it using simple I2C program instead of changing the whole middleware?

0 Kudos
Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Thiru_S ,

Sorry, no such kind of program available, but maybe you can refer to the nano package which just contains the minimal components out of the MW, it also support MK64 based on MCUXpress IDE, but porting should be much easier.

https://github.com/NXPPlugNTrust/nano-package .

Have a great day,
Kan

Note:

Thiru_S
Contributor III

Hi @Kan_Li ,

I have wrote the platform code for MK81 using nano package SDK,

Also configured the pin mux for the I2C, but receiving "I2C_NACK_ON_ADDRESS" as a status while calling I2C read and write.

What could be the issue?

Note: 

Attached the error logs.

0 Kudos
Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Thiru_S ,

Maybe you have to probe the I2C lines and check if the I2C data reaches at SE05x side, and if the signal is ok, you have to review your schematics if there is any route issue.

Have a great day,
Kan

Note:

Thiru_S
Contributor III

Hi @Kan_Li ,

I have connected Logic analyser to SDA and SCL lines of SE051C2 secure chip, i'm seeing the below output

Screenshot 2023-05-25 152015.png

Seems like SE05x is not responding, we have verified the power source.. All fine.

Our schematic is routed like below,

Screenshot 2023-05-25 182654.png

Is this setup is fine? or need changes?

Also, i have used SE050ARD evaluation board to verify the program, it is detected the slave address as 0x48

Same way we have connected to SCL and SDA of our custom board, there is no response in i2cdetect command. please refer the image below,

Skype_Picture_2023_05_25T09_53_24_857Z.jpeg

Please help us to solve this issue, we have already took more time.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Thiru_S ,

Thanks for the information! The schematics looks fine, just wondering if the ENA was kept high in your test, and also please make sure SDA&SCL are not swapped in the connection.

BTW,  C95 is not needed as it affects the ENA reset operation, you know, in case you toggle ENA pin too fast, the capacitor might hold VCC high during the reset, but anyway it should not be the root cause for your case.

Have a great day,
Kan

Note:

0 Kudos
Thiru_S
Contributor III

Hi @Kan_Li ,

Thank you for the help and support,

really appreciate it.

0 Kudos