Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Information about Cyclone Universal (FX) before buy

Jump to solution
arnogir
Senior Contributor II

Hello,

I'm interresting to buy a Cylcone Universal (-FX) to use it with some HCS08 and Kinetis product.

Information are here:

P&E Microcomputer Systems: Over 30 years as an Industry leader in Embedded Systems Development Tools...

1)  Is the FX version is expected soon?

2) Is Cyclone Universal need mandatory  the PC software "Cyclone Automated Control Package" (Basic, Professional, Entreprise Edition)?

My need will just need to flash in it some different target program (Kinetis Appli1, Kinetis Appli2, HCS08 Appli1....)

Then operator will just select the good application, link the CPU target and then Press "Start" Button.

For do it, I'm really need this software? Or this software is to have a computer interface to flash on CPU target instead of Cyclone Universal Screen?

3) Can we make debug with Codewarrior or KDS like I did with the Multilink Universal?

Thank  for your reply, I need to have a manufacturer tool for the next week!

:smileyblush:

0 Kudos
1 Solution
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Arnaud,

Yes, you can learn the more information about the shipping policies through the link as below.

P&E Microcomputer Systems: Over 30 years as an Industry leader in Embedded Systems Development Tools...

2) Is Cyclone Universal need mandatory  the PC software "Cyclone Automated Control Package" (Basic, Professional, Entreprise Edition)?

In my opinion, you want to use stand-alone programmer automated control and you can learn the more information about the feature by refer to the attachment.

3) Can we make debug with Codewarrior or KDS like I did with the Multilink Universal?

Definitely, the Cyclone Universal can works with the Codewarrior or KDS.
Have a great day,
Ping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Arnaud,

Yes, you can learn the more information about the shipping policies through the link as below.

In my opinion, you want to use stand-alone programmer automated control and you can learn the more information about the feature by refer to the attachment.

Definitely, the Cyclone Universal can works with the Codewarrior or KDS.
Have a great day,
Ping

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
arnogir
Senior Contributor II

Ok for your back.

1) in fact, On the P&E it is written "expected 9th June". Do we know if that date is safe or can it be carried forward? In other words, can I pre-order of the version "Fx" June 9 to receive it a few days later?

2 - 3) Ok, thank.

:smileyhappy:

0 Kudos