I am trying to interface FRDM-STBC-AGM01 kit with my controller using SPI interfacing. Is there any SLAVE address provided for FXLS8471Q, for SPI interfacing? While I2C interfacing Slave address. No any issue with I2C for same.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am trying to interface FRDM-STBC-AGM01 kit with my controller using SPI interfacing. Is there any SLAVE address provided for FXLS8471Q, for SPI interfacing? While I2C interfacing Slave address. No any issue with I2C for same.

Jump to solution
rajendramemane
Contributor II

I am trying to interface FRDM-STBC-AGM01 kit with my controller XC2287 using SPI interfacing.
Is there any SLAVE address provided for FXLS8471Q, for SPI interfacing?

1 Solution
Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

I2C master need to know I2C slave address to get the data from I2C slave.

SPI master doesn't need the address, which using chip select to get data from SPI slave.

pastedImage_1.png

Have a great day,
Ma Hui

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

I2C master need to know I2C slave address to get the data from I2C slave.

SPI master doesn't need the address, which using chip select to get data from SPI slave.

pastedImage_1.png

Have a great day,
Ma Hui

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

rajendramemane
Contributor II

FRDM-STBC-AGM01 sensor have 2 sensors (Accell+Magn,Gyro). Then how do we confirm that whether selected SLAVE is "Accell+Magn." or "Gyro".

0 Kudos
Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Please refer below FRDM-STBC-AGM01 RevC schematics:

pastedImage_1.png

The two sensor as I2C slave with different I2C slave address (check the red block for the I2C slave address).

Wish it helps.

Have a great day,
Ma Hui

0 Kudos
rajendramemane
Contributor II

Yes, Thanks for the support.

0 Kudos