How to unlock a K22 Controller for SAP file?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to unlock a K22 Controller for SAP file?

sanketkulkarni
Contributor III

I am using K22 FX512AM12 controller. I am able to program using Cyclone max in debug mode. But when I create a SAP file it does not let the code execute as the controller is locked. But once I debug it using code warrior with my cyclone max in code warrior 11, the SAP works fine. 

Please help me on this urgently!!

0 Kudos
7 Replies

atonalwilson
Contributor I

XS advanced provides a number of properties that you can use in the corresponding initialisation file (for example, xscontroller.ini, xsexecagent.ini, or xsuaaserver.ini) to configure how log files are used by XS advanced services, applications, and the platform router.

0 Kudos

ankitagarg2994
Contributor I

I have started working on it and facing the exact same error. I was going through the google search and found this community answer. With the help of this and sap commerce cloud training for which I have enrolled, able to resolve the issue at a faster pace. Thank you for sharing the information.

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Sanket kulkarni,

Check your app.hex file, do you lock the chip, please check .hex file address 0x40c data. 0XFE means the chip is unsecure, 0XFC, 0XFD, 0XFF mean the chip is secure, you need to unlock it.

Actually, unlock is also very simple, you just need to do the mass erase before you download the code, so if you create the SAP file, please check, do you enable the mass erase before download the code?

Wish it helps you!

Any updated question, please kindly let me know.

Have a great day,
Kerry

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

sanketkulkarni
Contributor III

I was able to unlock by programming a byte. 

I programmed the byte at 0x040C as required. This instruction I added in the SAP file algorithm creation algorithm.

Actually we were able to program a new hardware from Code warrior but were not able to unsecure the controller by using the SAP independently.

Now we are able to program a new device using SAP file.

Thank you for your help.

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Sanket,

Thanks a lot for your updated information. And that's very good to hear you can unlock it.

As I know, the IDE associated with P&E product can do the unlock(mass erase) function. Another debugger JLINK also can use unlock kinetis command to unlock the chip.

If you need to use the Cyclone SAP to unlock the kinetis, you can contact with P&E engineer, they will help you about it. Or you can just program the 0X40C directly with SAP.

Wish it helps you!

If you still have question about it, please kindly let me know.

If your question is solve, please help me mark the correct answer, just to close this question, thank you!

Have a great day,
Kerry

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

sanketkulkarni
Contributor III

Thank you for your help. As I mentioned I have programmed 0x040C byte and was able to unlock it using SAP File. 

We use Cyclone Max of PE micro for SAP File creation and dump.

Sir, Can you guide me on how to become a Industry Renowned Embedded Developer?

I am very keen to achieve this benchmark, Currently I have 3 years of Experience.

My Mail ID: kulkarnisanket47@yahoo.in

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Good!

I think strong technical knowledge and abundant project experience is the base, just keep on learning the technical knowledge.

Meanwhile, if you have any NXP technical questions, please create the post, we would like to work together with you!

Have a great day,
kerry

0 Kudos