cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to start program when powered

yann_munich
Contributor I

Hi there,

I finally finished my program,  and now I want to save it on my FRDM k64f and  I want to start it automatically when powered.  I tried to use the Release version but it still not start.

It start when I give the command over J7-Link when debugging with MCU.

Must I use a SD card?

Thx in advance.

Tags (3)
3 Replies

nxf58904
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

You can check your ICF file.

"define symbol __ICFEDIT_intvec_start__     = __ICFEDIT_region_RAM_start__;" means run form ram address

"define symbol __ICFEDIT_intvec_start__ = __ICFEDIT_region_FLASH_start__;" means run from flash address

Jianyu: 

Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

yann_munich
Contributor I

Hi,

I'm using JLink720000000. Where can I check if I programmed it to RAM address (Probably didn't do it)?

Thx in advance!

0 Kudos

nxf58904
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Normally,the MCU will run form address 0x0 in flash when you reset after download the code into MCU  .

Which J-link command you used and have you checked if you have programed the code to ram address?

Jianyu: 

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.