cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to determine clock run mode on Kinetis Controller

Jump to solution
sean_dvorscak
Contributor III

I am using a MKE18F microcontroller, and am having a hard time figuring out how the Low Speed, Normal, and High Speed clock modes work.

The SCG module has RCCR, VCCR, and HCCR registers.  The RCCR is for Normal Clock Control, VCCR is for Very Low Power Clock Control, and HCCR is for High Speed Clock Control.  There is also the CSR register that shows the configuration set by one of the clock control registers I just mentioned.

I had a few questions on this topic:

1. I was wondering if there is something you can check to see what xCCR register the CSR is currently reflecting?

2. How do I enter the different clock modes (Normal, High Speed, Low Power)?  Do I just set the VCCR to what I want if I want Low Power Mode? And RCCR if I want normal mode?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi sean_dvorscak,

SMC_PMSTAT indicate the current power mode of the system. Please download the MCUXpresso SDK and refer to twrke18f_scg example.

Best Regards,
Robin
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi sean_dvorscak,

SMC_PMSTAT indicate the current power mode of the system. Please download the MCUXpresso SDK and refer to twrke18f_scg example.

Best Regards,
Robin
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos
sean_dvorscak
Contributor III
Thanks. That's exactly what I was looking for.
0 Kudos