How to create a new MQX4.0 project for K60F150?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a new MQX4.0 project for K60F150?

Jump to solution
danielchai
Senior Contributor I

Hi,

We are developing a new board using K60F150. But when we try to create a new MQX project, there is no K60F150 option.

Do I have to start to write it myself or there is some simple way we can start?

Thanks.

-Daniel

0 Kudos
1 Solution
LuisCasado
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

I would start with the BSP Cloning tool that you can find in : C:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_0\tools\BSPCloningWizard

Using as base the K60F120 BSP.

Of course, you will have to port your BSP to your new board peripherals, but if the TWR-K60F120 mounted a K60F150, you only would have to change the clock from 120 MHz to 150MHz. In that case, you have to modify bsp_cm.c and bsp_cm.h

Review the code for clock settings, changing de registers value to change from 120 to 150 Mhz.

You  could also enable Processor Expert in your project and use it to change the clock settings.

·        For more information about BSP porting, have a look to this very good document: https://community.freescale.com/thread/306640

Best Regards,

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies
LuisCasado
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

I would start with the BSP Cloning tool that you can find in : C:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_0\tools\BSPCloningWizard

Using as base the K60F120 BSP.

Of course, you will have to port your BSP to your new board peripherals, but if the TWR-K60F120 mounted a K60F150, you only would have to change the clock from 120 MHz to 150MHz. In that case, you have to modify bsp_cm.c and bsp_cm.h

Review the code for clock settings, changing de registers value to change from 120 to 150 Mhz.

You  could also enable Processor Expert in your project and use it to change the clock settings.

·        For more information about BSP porting, have a look to this very good document: https://community.freescale.com/thread/306640

Best Regards,

0 Kudos
danielchai
Senior Contributor I

Hi Luis,

I read the source code for bsp_cm.c and bsp_cm.h for K60F120 and find the configurations for 120MHz in Processor Expert.

But when I try to edit Clock source setting->Clock source setting 0->MCG setting->MCG Mode->MCG output from 120Mhz to 150Mhz, I cannot edit it. It said it is not editable. As shown in the pic.

untitled3.bmp

Then how should I edit it?

Thank you.

-Daniel

0 Kudos
dereksnell
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Daniel,

As the information in your screenshot states, the MCG Output is derived from the PLL 0 output clock. 

PLL Output.png

0 Kudos
danielchai
Senior Contributor I

Hi Derek,

After I set the the PLL0 to 150MHz and try to set the Clock configuration 0-> System clock.

It gives me error can not exceed 120Mhz.

untitled4.bmp

I read the reference manual for it. The PEE mode clock setting should be

150MHz for core and system clock

75MHz for bus

50Mhz for FlexBus

25Mhz for flash

Is there something I miss or should I delete the old ProcessorExpert.pe and generate a new one?

Thank you.

-Daniel

dereksnell
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Daniel,

Did you change the CPU to the 150MHz option?  If you left it as the 120MHz option which is used in the twrk60f120m BSP, then that doesn't allow a core clock over 120MHz.

K60F150 PEx.png

danielchai
Senior Contributor I

Hi Derek,

In that case,  after I adding MK60FN1M0VMD15 to the project. I can change the CPU type and configuring clock works.

But there will be  MK60FN1M0VMD12 and MK60FN1M0VMD15 in my project.

untitled5.bmp

Do I need to delete the MK60FN1M0VMD12 from Processors list?

Thank you.

-Daniel

0 Kudos
LuisCasado
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

You can disable the 120 Mhz CPU and enable the 150 Mhz one. Right click on the CPU component

Regards,

Luis

0 Kudos
danielchai
Senior Contributor I

Hi Luis,

After I change all the clock settings. There is a component named PWM under component list has problem.

6.png

I read the Processor Expert help documentation, but didn't find very much information.

I just want to know where can I find all information about how to configure each component in Processor Expert.

Thank you.

-Daniel

0 Kudos
LuisCasado
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

That component is provided as an example. You can remove it or reconfigure to a valid cock settings. Parameters were for 120Mhz clock. You can go to help information in CW or check infocenter.

http://www.freescale.com/infocenter/index.jsp

Go to Software and Tools Information center -> CodeWarrior -> Processor Expert Manuals

Luis

0 Kudos
dereksnell
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Daniel,

You can also get help on any component by right-clicking on the component and select "Help on Component".  This will bring up HTML help with all the details about the component.

Component Help.png

0 Kudos
danielchai
Senior Contributor I

Hi Luis,

Thank you very much.

-Daniel

0 Kudos