How to Debug with timeline response using CW10.6 with PE Multilink?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Debug with timeline response using CW10.6 with PE Multilink?

Amit_Kumar1
Senior Contributor II

Hi

I wanted to know how much time is being consumed by each function of my code. I have made multiple files (8-9) for different functions. My main function contains only initialization rest everything is interrupt based. But Some how I am not getting the desired speed which I wanted. So I tried debugging it along with the time line response. Here I am only getting the functions being called in the main function, that too not all the functions. How do I get time response of all the functions being called ? Below is the timeline diagram of my program. I want similar timeline for all the functions.

debug.jpg

Kind Regards

Amit Kumar

2 Replies

Rick_Li
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Amit Kumar,

if a function is not called in your application when executing, the time consume of this function will not shows there.

to measure the time consumed, I would suggest call all functions in main function. after you get result, then, you can comment out these calls.

Regards,

Rick

Amit_Kumar1
Senior Contributor II

Hi Yong

Thanks for the response. My function is interrupt based and is being called in isr routine i.e in events.c. If I am not wrong than while collecting the trace information in debug mode, the execution is slow and thats why the interrupt is not getting triggered ?

Kind Regards

Amit Kumar

0 Kudos