显示  仅  | 搜索替代 
您的意思是: 
已解决

How flashing works in K32L2B in production board

跳至解决方案
1,317 次查看
ericsmith2
Contributor I

Hey, I'm trying to figure out the requirements for the production board so we can flash from the factory as well as in production. We are using the same MCU as in the FRDM-K32L2B3 dev kit. Could somebody read this and let me know if I'm on the right track as a sanity check? Thanks so much!

1. The MCU comes from the factory with the kinetics ROM bootloader preinstalled. By default all the peripherals are enabled and it will boot to ROM. We will be able to communicate to the bootloader via the USB0_DP/DM pins using the blhost utility and flash our user program. Is all that correct?

2. We'd like to have a way to boot to ROM on our production board (such as a jumper). For this to be possible, we need to use blhost to set FOPT[BOOTPIN_OPT] to 0 when we initially flash. Then we just have to assert the BOOTCFG0 pin to boot into ROM. This raises two last questions: a) What does asserted mean and what the wiring for that looks like? b) do we need a reset button when we assert BOOTCFG0 or will it do it automatically jump to ROM or can we assert on power up?

1 解答
1,235 次查看
nxf58904
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

1.Yes,We will be able to communicate to the bootloader via the USB0_DP/DM pins using the blhost utility and flash our user program.

2.Assert means  NMI has been set to 0. Use NMI to enter rom bootloader need NMI has been set to 0 before power up.

If you want it enter rom bootloader automatically ,you need set FTFA_FOPT[BOOTSRC_SEL]  to boot from rom.It will run rom bootloader until there has an app in the chip .

pastedImage_1.png

Jianyu: 

Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

在原帖中查看解决方案

2 回复数
1,236 次查看
nxf58904
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

1.Yes,We will be able to communicate to the bootloader via the USB0_DP/DM pins using the blhost utility and flash our user program.

2.Assert means  NMI has been set to 0. Use NMI to enter rom bootloader need NMI has been set to 0 before power up.

If you want it enter rom bootloader automatically ,you need set FTFA_FOPT[BOOTSRC_SEL]  to boot from rom.It will run rom bootloader until there has an app in the chip .

pastedImage_1.png

Jianyu: 

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

1,235 次查看
ericsmith2
Contributor I

Thank you for confirming that for me!

0 项奖励
回复