Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Digital Filters Library for Kinetis

Jump to solution
rodri
Contributor II

Hi all!

I need to build some FIR filters on Kinetis K60.

Looking for some information in Freescale pages, I found a "General Digital Filters" library for Kinetis family.

I can´t see how the different functions are developed as I only was provided with .a library files.

The question is:

The library functions are written in assembler language, as to take advantage of Kinetis "DSP" instructions? And as to put instructions in order in such a way to minimize stalls in processor pipeline?

Or they are originally written in C? In this case, there are some techniques that can be used as to make FIR filtering functions more efficient : Circular addressing, loop unrolling, extensive use of SIMD and intrinsics, etc..

Are these techniques used?

Basically, I would like to know how much efficient the  "General Digital Filters" library for Kinetis family is.

Thank you all!

Best regards,

Rodrigo

1 Solution
eli_hughes
Contributor V

Do a search on the forum (kinetis section) for ARM CMSIS DSP.   There is a nice library fo functions for FFTs, FIR, IIR, etc that will use the fancy instructions.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
orangeusa
Contributor III

Do you have a link? The onARM website gives me a 404, but was referenced in some other Wiki links.

I tried downloading the CMSIS DSP library from mbed, and that also gave an error. It's like the CMSIS DSP library is proprietary, since when I Google it, I get ads for 3rd party firms....

I'll port libraries I have from older code if I need to.  Is this  because some ARM's have a floating point and others do not?

0 Kudos
cesarrabak
Contributor III

Scott,

With the newer releases of CMSIS by the use of certain macros (well documented in the fine manuals that accompany the library) you can be sure you'll be using integer or floating point arithmetic.

HTH

--

Cesar Rabak

0 Kudos
eli_hughes
Contributor V

Do a search on the forum (kinetis section) for ARM CMSIS DSP.   There is a nice library fo functions for FFTs, FIR, IIR, etc that will use the fancy instructions.

rodri
Contributor II

Thank you eli_hughes!

I've just downloaded the CMSIS-2_10.zip file from onARM webpage. I'll try to use it in my project.

Best regards,

Rodrigo

0 Kudos
cesarrabak
Contributor III

David,

I'm not quite sure if you're getting the latest libraries, but by the name of the zip file I think is not the case. The last I time I checked http://www.arm.com/products/processors/cortex-m/cortex-microcontroller-software-interface-standard.p... it was 4.2.

Get a look there as the newest libraries have a more thorough coverage of Cortex devices which may be of use for you.

HTH

--

Cesar Rabak

0 Kudos
datamstr
Contributor II

Hello Rodrigo,

I want to experiment with the CMSIS-DSP Library on my K60 Tower, did you use it in your project?

Thanks,
David

0 Kudos