cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freescale FRDM-KL25Z Webserver Example

Jump to solution
waltwhite
Contributor I

Somewhere, somehow I had received a web server example that utilized the Exosite and included a webserver example when I purchased my Freescale FRDM-KL25Z and an Avnet  WI-GO https://www.em.avnet.com/en-us/design/drc/Pages/Avnet-Wi-Go-Module.aspx. I had the webserver example up and running and was able to view the sample page on the WI-GO and also use the Exosite. Now I can't even get connected to my network! The first time I connected I didn't change anything on my router (the Freescale example uses an SSID of SPEEDWAY). I used my android phone to perform the SmartConfig for the CC3000 but can't get that working now either! Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

The only version of the webserver I can find now is the

2.04 version was there an earlier version I can download?

Thanks in advance,

Walt

0 Kudos
1 Solution
peter_fenn
Contributor V

Walt

I recommend trying the attached latest v3.1 files. It is important to first apply the "Patch" before reprogramming the Wi-Go kit with the "Master" suite of Apps. The documentation will guide you through this.

Draft documentation for this 3.1 version is included. Please note this has yet to be updated with the full detail on using a Wi-Go specific Portal on Exosite (update will be posted next week).

If you still have issues, please reply with the MAC address that is being reported for Wi-Go (an early version of the Patch corrupted the MAC address)

Regards
Peter Fenn

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
peter_fenn
Contributor V

Walt

I recommend trying the attached latest v3.1 files. It is important to first apply the "Patch" before reprogramming the Wi-Go kit with the "Master" suite of Apps. The documentation will guide you through this.

Draft documentation for this 3.1 version is included. Please note this has yet to be updated with the full detail on using a Wi-Go specific Portal on Exosite (update will be posted next week).

If you still have issues, please reply with the MAC address that is being reported for Wi-Go (an early version of the Patch corrupted the MAC address)

Regards
Peter Fenn

0 Kudos
waltwhite
Contributor I

Peter,

You're awesome! Thank you for the files and the advice.

The CC3000_patch_v3-1b.SREC seems to have been the answer. The Wi-Go_Master_v3-1.SREC not so much! I was unable to get a wifi network connection with Wi-Go_Master_v3-1.SREC because I could never get it to enter SmartConfig mode. I replaced Wi-Go_Master_v3-1.SREC with Wi-Go_Master_v1-0.SREC which works well. I also updated to OpenSDA Application Version is: 1.12 from the P&E Micro website and was still only able to use Wi-Go_Master_v1-0.SREC.

For anyone interested in the WI-GO I'm including the steps I took to get going. Follow the instructions in GS-AES-KL-WIGO-KIT-(v2.1 draft).pdf which is included in the zip Peter provided above.

Here's what works for me:

Apply the CC3000_patch_v3-1b.SREC

Install OpenSDA Version 1.05 or version 1.12

Install Wi-Go_Master_v1-0.SREC

I used my Samsung Galaxy SIII to run SmartConfig CC3X available here SimpleLink™ Wi-Fi SmartConfig™ Technology - SMARTCONFIG - TI Software Folder

Getting the WI-GO to enter SmartConfig takes a few attempts just keep trying while watching your Tera Term console and eventually you will see:

Starting SmartConfig

CCCCCCCCCCProcess return= 3 (The CCCC... is normal almost like a progress bar)

SmartConfig done

mDNS Status= c0a80174

*** Wi-Go board DHCP assigned IP Address = 192.168.1.116 (your IP Address will be different)

mDNS Status= c0a80174

Reset system

Reset system

When you see 'Reset system' this is where you will use the slider to select an application as follows.

Press reset and slide your finger along the touch sensor lifting your finger as soon as you see the desired LED color:

Release on:

Blue = WebServer

Red = Exosite Data Client

Be sure to try the Exosite Data Client it's cool.

If you have an Android device install Freescale SensorFusion from the play store it's also cool.

I'd love to get my hands on the code that works with the Exosite Portal and see how it's done. Hint, Hint Peter!

0 Kudos
peter_fenn
Contributor V

Walt

Good to hear of your progress, I'd encourage you to persevere with that 3.1 version - it has a number of enhancements. One of them is that SmartConfig mode automatically runs if it detects that you've run a Patch update!

ie. After running the "Patch" and then re-programming Wi-Go with the "Master" suite of Apps, you will not get the option to use the touch slider at this time. Wi-Go's application software automatically launches SmartConfig in order to receive the Network parameters from your phone/tablet device. (This is a one-time requirement, the network parameters are at this time written to EEPROM inside the Wi-Fi module)

With the board in this mode (waiting for the Smartconfig info to be sent from your phone), make sure of the following when setting-up SmartConfig on your phone:

1) SSID: The phone/tablet must be connected to the same network as that whose SSID you are sending to Wi-Go!

2) Password: Make sure to provide this in the field provided (password for your Wi-Fi Access Point)

3) Key: Leave the Key field empty (no AES security key allowed in this version)

4) Device Name: No need to change this

Now press "Start" on your phone, after about 20 seconds of the Red/Green sequence, the RGB turns light blue, followed by slowly flashing Green to indicate success.

Regards

Peter

0 Kudos
waltwhite
Contributor I

Peter,

I didn't realize SmartConfig ran automatically after the patch. It worked on the first attempt!

I had a device name of cc3000 entered in the device field which I removed too.

Once again I appreciate your help.

Walt

0 Kudos
jimcarver
Contributor I

Were you able to get 3.1 working? When I ported the latest cc3000 firmware (this is the patch programmer) to wigo I  found that the older host driver would not work so I ported them which is only available in v3.1. If an older version of the wigo master application is working then I suspect that perhaps the patch did not run correctly. To Peters rafter the first time you run the master app after a patch the app should go straight to SmartConfig (important since the network settings were also erased during the patch). If possible use something like terra term (460800 baud) to capture the console for both running the patch programmer as well as the first run of master app version 3.1.

0 Kudos
waltwhite
Contributor I

Jim

Yes I was able to get 3.1 running after following Peter's instructions in regard to SmartConfig automatically starting after the patch. It connected on the first attempt. Thanks for asking.

0 Kudos
jimcarver
Contributor I

Oh also thank you for your feedback, this will a assist in improving our documentation.

0 Kudos
jimcarver
Contributor I

Perfect, glad you have it running!

0 Kudos