FSL_LIN_2.x_STACK_4.5.9 Issue with Param Request

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FSL_LIN_2.x_STACK_4.5.9 Issue with Param Request

mark_bryant
Contributor I

We are running this version of the LIN stack on a Kinetis K64 as the master node.  The issue is this:

1. Perform a parameter request.

2. MID 0x3C and request info is sent correctly.

3. MID 0x3D is sent by the master, and the slave doesn't respond (we are doing this as a test case).

4. We switch to another master table.

5. As this table runs, we see 0x3C/0x3D messages interspersed with messages from the current table.

Perhaps we are not performing the request properly.  The example code in SL_LIN_2.x_STACK_4.5.9 is difficult to follow in terms of performing a 0x3C parameter request.  Does anyone have a simple example of performing a parameter request by ID?  And, has anyone seen this behavior?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Mark,

As I know, the FSL_LIN_2.X stack just can support the KEA kinetis chip, it can't support the K series directly.

Until now, we still don't have the K series LIN sample code for your reference.

But, if you want to get the simple example of performing a parameter request by ID, I have write some code for the KL series, I think you also can refer to it in the K series.

Please check it at first, whether it is useful to you or not?

KL series LIN slave simply usage sharing 

You can refer to my code and porting it to the K series at first.

If you have any question about it in the future, welcome to discuss it with me.

Wish it helps you!

Have a great day,
Kerry

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

mark_bryant
Contributor I

Hi Kerry,

Thanks for your response.  Your document will be very helpful for developers who are new to LIN.

In my case, though, the question is specifically about diagnostics frames with MID 0x3C and 0x3D.  All other aspects of the LIN stack are working fine.  A code example of a Master performing a 0x3C request and then the 0x3D to get the response would be helpful. 

Thanks,

Mark

0 Kudos