Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FRDM KL25 Stop Mode

Jump to solution
ttahut
Contributor III

Hello,

I'm trying to get STOP mode working on the FRDM KL25 using PE code.  I've attached a sample project.  The processor appears to go into stop mode but I never get an interrupt to bring it out of STOP mode from the Low Power TImer.  That's assuming the OpenSDA debugger can still function with it going into stop mode but I don't know the answer to that either.  However, when I try and run it without the debugger, I get the same results- the LED flashes until the the call to put the processor in STOP mode- then I get nothing after that.  I'm expecting it to wake up and continue flashing the LED.

Any help is appreciated.

Tom

1 Solution
adriancano
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Sorry for that, the project I sent is for CodeWarrior. I am attaching the KDS version.

Hope this information can help you

Best Regards,
Adrian Sanchez Cano
Technical Support Engineer
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
adriancano
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

I am not able to open your project because it has linked paths to your workspace that are resolved in my computer.

I am attaching a example I created that uses the TimeInt_LDD component to perform an interrupt every 2 seconds when the MCU is moved to LLS mode, please refer to the code for more details. You can see in a terminal that the message is printed once the MCU is waken up.

The debugger is not clocked in this mode, therefore the debug is not enabled. In CodeWarrior you can see a pop up window that says the debugger is disconnected when entering LLS mode. The best way to test the code is downloading the code to the board and once is flashed make a power cycle, if you do not the power cycle and you were debugging the application in CW the code will not work normally.

Best Regards,
Adrian Sanchez Cano
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
ttahut
Contributor III

Adrian,

Thanks for the reply.  Unfortunately I can't build your project, I get an an undefined error 'SIM_PDD_SetClockSourceUART0'.

In addition, I need to use the Low Power timer for the interrupt.  I have this almost working on our production board but it appears that the system clock reverts to 8MHz after it comes out of stop mode.  That's when I went to the FRDM KL25 board to try and test a small project there.  The processor is the same, and the CPU, LPT0 components have the same settings yet it never wakes up.  Can you tell me what paths you're having issues with in my project?  I should be able to fix them up so you can build on your end.  Thanks for your help.

Tom

0 Kudos
adriancano
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Sorry for that, the project I sent is for CodeWarrior. I am attaching the KDS version.

Best Regards,
Adrian Sanchez Cano

0 Kudos