取消
显示结果 
显示  仅  | 搜索替代 
您的意思是: 

[FRDM-KL02Z][OpenSDA] PEMicro drivers not connecting to KDS

2,789 次查看
cwong
Contributor II
I am attempting to debug a FRDM-KL02Z board via OpenSDA on a Windows 7 x64 SP1 computer.

Board Name is: FRDM-KL02Z MicroBoot Kernel Version is: 1.05 Bootloader Version is: 1.11 Installed Application: PEMicro FRDM-KL02Z Mass Storage/Debug App Application Version is: 1.18

Capture.PNGCapture.PNG

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

A few more details: 

The green LED stays lit when I plug in the USB.

BOOTLOADER works normally. I can copy the different apps correctly onto BOOTLOADER(E:)

Even though I have the MSD/Debug app running, there is not MSD detected. No removable drive.

I have used this board on 3 other computers with the same operating system and version.

I have tried removing the firewall and antivirus. Still no luck.

Thank you for your help.

0 项奖励
8 回复数

1,886 次查看
michaelzhangca
Contributor II

I had the same problem as Charles Wong.

On windows 10, I can see the Jungo device and virtual com port.

I can see MSD from windows explorer, I can detect the PEMicro openSDA debug device in Kinetis Design Studio.

But I couldn't detect PEMicro openSDA debug device in MCUxpresso IDE(version 10.1.0).

Below fixed my problem:

I downloaded and installed the latest PEMicro windows driver, then go to Device Manager, updated the driver for 'Jungo /PEMicro OpenSDA Debug Driver', you need to manually specify the driver location to the folder you installed. Once the driver updated successfully, MCUxpresso was able to detect the debug device.

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

0 项奖励

1,886 次查看
jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Charles,

It seems there is something wrong with the driver. You may uninstall the PE driver and reinstall it. If that doesn't help, you can try other firmware. Jlink is a good choise. DAP is also OK. PEmicro is not the only way to go.

Regards 

0 项奖励

1,886 次查看
cwong
Contributor II

Hello,

I am working with PEMicro now to try to find the source of the issues. I will post the solution if we find one. 

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

0 项奖励

1,886 次查看
cwong
Contributor II
[SOLUTION]

I'm glad to report that there is an easy fix for this issue.
URL: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-hardware/windows-7-x64-is-searching-prec...

Basically, it was an issue with my Windows installation rather than the PEMicro drivers or the NXP hardware.

I copied the entire DriverStore\FileRepository directory from a working PC and then the drivers automatically enumerated and installed.
0 项奖励

1,886 次查看
jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Charles,

Please review my operation. I think that should be ok.

1. Select evaluation board

Untitled.png

2.Download driver and firmware

Untitled2.png

3. Install driver. Press the board's "Reset" button. While still holding the button, plug the board back in to the USB cable. Then copy that file into "BOOTLOADER".

Untitled3.png

4. Unplug and replug the USB port. You can find the change in Device Manager

PEmicro_opsda1_deviceManager.png

5.Then config the debug port in "run"->"Debug Config"

PEmicro_dbg_setting.png

That's all.

DDon't hesitate to contact me if still has problem.

Regards

0 项奖励

1,886 次查看
cwong
Contributor II

Hello, 

I am still experiencing issues that prevent debugging. I took screenshots of the process so that maybe you can see what might be going on.

1) Installing the drivers using the downloaded .exe

01_install_driver.PNG

2) Copy the .SDA file to Bootloader (E:)

02_bootloader.PNG

3) Replug the USB without holding RESET

03_error.PNG

4) Driver list. (Missing all of them)

04_drivers.PNG

6) IDE: There are no options in the "Port:" dropdown menu. I click refresh and still nothing.

05_ide.PNG

Do you know of any other occurrences of this issue? 

Could it be an incompatibility with the FRDM-KL02Z and my computer?

Thank you for your help,

Charles W.

0 项奖励

1,886 次查看
jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Charles,

Please visit www.freescale.com/opensda for the detail of openSDA.

There is few point you may take care:

1. FRDM-KL02Z is openSDA1.0.

2. Use Quickstart Panel-> Debug 'FRDMkl02......' to enter debug mode. Don't change debug setting if you are not familiar with that.

3. You can also look into Getting Started with MCUXpresso SDK.pdf. Appendix B and appendix C describe how to install openSDA.

Regards

1,886 次查看
cwong
Contributor II

Hi,

I'm fairly confident that I have followed the instructions you have provided correctly. However, the issues still persist. I have confirmed that the correct Mass Storage/Debug program is loaded on the board by plugging it into other PCs. On the other computers, the USB enumeration happens automatically and there are drivers that get installed (for Virtual COM, MSD, and OpenSDA connection). On those computers, the drivers from PEMicro had not even been manually installed yet. They were found via Windows Update. However on the computer that I am trying to work with, I have already tried replicating the steps, both with and without the PEMicro driver package installed and neither works.

I can install a single driver to the device via Device Manager, but that does not provide OpenSDA Debug functionality. 

The PEMicro Driver tool confirms that the necessary files are present on the computer for the drivers to install:

pe_driv_tool.PNG

Perhaps this is an issue with Windows Update?

0 项奖励