FRDM-K22F: Error! Enabling module timed out.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FRDM-K22F: Error! Enabling module timed out.

asfarley
Contributor IV

I've got an FRDM-K22F board and I'm trying to upload a simple test application. It doesn't seem to work using either the SDA-USB programmer or a Multilink Universal.

When I plug in the SDA-USB cable to my computer, I get a pop-up showing files mbed.htm and FAIL.txt. Sounds like that's probably a Win10 issue. The most recent discussions of this are from the Win8.1 preview era; the only fix I saw required the user to update the board with newer firmware, using a Win7 computer. Is there any more recent fix that doesn't require Win7?

Multilink Universal: when attempting to upload, I get this error message: 

Loading programming algorithm ...

Error! Enabling module timed out.

Error enabling module just selected.
Error loading programming algorithm - load aborted.

Error occured during Flash programming.

WARNING - NO RESET SCRIPT FILE HAS BEEN CONFIGURED TO RUN!!!

TO MODIFY THE RESET SCRIPT SETTINGS, USE THE FOLLOWING MENU OPTION:

CONFIGURATION -> AUTOMATED SCRIPT OPTIONS

PE-ERROR: Error downloading to the device.

I've seen other discussions where the issues were related to wrong MCU selection, but I've confirmed that the correct MCU is selected in Debug Configuration (K22FN512M12). 

Any idea what's going on here? both lights (orange and blue) are illuminated on the board. The Multilink Universal seems to correctly identify the board when it's attached based on the Debug Configuration window. 

System details: Win10, Kinetis Design Studio 3.2.0

-----------------------------------------

More detail:

-previously, I was connecting the Multilink to the SDA header. The Multilink recognized target power and the correct MCU. However, I suspected that this might be the wrong header and switched to the JTAG/SWD header. The Multilink does not recognized target power on this header. Is this related to jumper configuration? 

Labels (1)
3 Replies

asfarley
Contributor IV

Ok, solved the Multilink issue - if you're powering from USB, the USB cable has to be plugged into the connected labelled "K22F Micro USB" instead of the one labelled "Power/OpenSDA Micro USB". Somewhat confusing labeling. 

I was never able to successfull program using the OpenSDA bootloader. Still assuming this is some kind of Win10 compatibility issue. I did temporarily brick the board by trying to update the bootloader (drag-and-drop the new .bin onto the BOOTLOADER drive when it appeared), but afterwards, no LEDs turned on and the board does not appear as a drive when plugged in. 

abhishekvishwak
Contributor II

Hey Alexander, 

I have experienced the same thing.

I have bricked my board too when updating the bootaloader.

But If we power from the K22F micro USB . I am able to program the K22F board with simple sketches like Hello World. but i am not able to see the console output from the USB. 

Have you seen/solved this issue?

Thanks

Regards, 

Abhishek

0 Kudos

asfarley
Contributor IV

Sorry, I never tried to get console output directly through USB... I'm not even sure exactly what method you mean. The methods I've used are:

1) UART output 

2) semihosting output through debugger

I don't know of any way to get console output through USB other than putting a USB-serial firmware onto your device. What method are you using when you expect to see console output over USB?

0 Kudos