What is an intrinsics.h compiler error?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is an intrinsics.h compiler error?

gerrykurz
Contributor I

I have started a KDS Processor Expert project and imported a component settings file from another project.

When I compile, I get the following error message:

/Users/gerrykurz/Dropbox/Apparata/500Rack Design/Arm Firmware/V1-2/Rack_500/Generated_Code/PE_Types.h:66:24: fatal error: intrinsics.h: No such file or directory  #include <intrinsics.h>                         ^ 

Any idea how to fix this?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

gerrykurz
Contributor I

Got it working, thanks to you both.

0 Kudos

gerrykurz
Contributor I

Hi, thanks for your responses. I am attempting to migrate a project from  IAR to KDS. I realize that I cannot do this directly, so what  I was attempting to do was to export only the  components from Processor Expert. Somehow the export is still linked to the IAR compiler even though when I went through the Processor Expert properties, I could not fine a  link or setup parameter to a compiler. Do you know how I can export just the processor expert components to a new KDS project without this link to the previous IAR project?

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Gerry,

the the response from Jennie: you need to change the compiler setting to GNU C Compiler in the CPU component and then re-generate the code with Processor Expert.

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Thanks Erich!

Best Regards,

Jennie

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Gerry.

There are several build tool chain selections in KDS processor expert

pastedImage_1.png

KDS uses GNU C Compiler, if we choose other compiler, we may see error as you have.

For detail method of fix, please see attached video.

if this can not help, please upload your project here. we need work on the problem directly. Thanks!

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Gerry,

has this project be generated for the compiler (GNU gcc?) you are using, or for a different toolchain (e.g. IAR or Keil?).

I ask because there should be no such include in PE_Types.h if that project is for GNU ARM gcc (checked quickly on my side).

The <intrinsics.h> is a header file provided with the libraries (for your toolchain/compiler) and contains 'low level compiler' things like special way to generate assembly instruction sequences and similar things. It is very compiler specific.

Apart from that, if you indeed have that and need that, it has to be found within the compiler search path settings (-I compiler option).

So can you verify that this project is indeed for GNU ARM gcc compiler?

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos