View Periph Registers (eg. NVIC, ) in KDS Debugger.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View Periph Registers (eg. NVIC, ) in KDS Debugger.

Jump to solution
plc_boy
Contributor I

Has anyone looked at this solution?

http://gnuarmeclipse.livius.net/blog/peripheral-registers/

Looks promising, but unable to see how to install via "Pack Manager"

http://gnuarmeclipse.livius.net/blog/packs-manager/

I amy be in the weeds on this, but not understanding why the standard ARM core based registers not in KDS debugger to view!

Regards

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Norm,

as a workaround, attached are core register files for M0+, M4 and M4F. Place them into

C:\Freescale\KDS_2.0.0\eclipse\plugins\org.eclipse.cdt.embsysregview.data_0.2.4.r168\data\SVD(CMSIS)\Freescale

Right now you need to switch between the core registers and the other peripheral registers in the EmbSysReg viewer, as it does not allow multiple files.

Combining the two files is not a simple concatenation, but I think should be doable.

Erich

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 Replies
adriancano
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

You might find useful this post from colleague Erich Styger:

Updated Eclipse EmbSysReg Viewer with extra Freescale SVD Files | MCU on Eclipse

Hope this information can help you

Best Regards,
Adrian Sanchez Cano
Technical Support Engineer
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
ndavies
Contributor V

Freescale needs to create a "non-standard" version of the SVD files that includes all the ARM core registers for each variant of the Kinetis. This would greatly simplify their customers transition to KDS. I want to transfer our development to KDS, unfortunately not having debug visibility into the ARM core registers is stopping me from doing that.

Norm Davies

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Norm,

as a workaround, attached are core register files for M0+, M4 and M4F. Place them into

C:\Freescale\KDS_2.0.0\eclipse\plugins\org.eclipse.cdt.embsysregview.data_0.2.4.r168\data\SVD(CMSIS)\Freescale

Right now you need to switch between the core registers and the other peripheral registers in the EmbSysReg viewer, as it does not allow multiple files.

Combining the two files is not a simple concatenation, but I think should be doable.

Erich

0 Kudos
peterruesch
Contributor IV

thank you very much!

unfortunately these files don't contain definitions for the SCB register.

Sorry... I was confused

In the meantime, was there some change regarding the combination and centralized distribution of svd files?

best regards

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

KDS v3.0.0 comes with the combined .svd files for EmbSysRegView installed.

Erich

0 Kudos
ndavies
Contributor V

Thanks Erich, That was the piece I was missing. I didn't want to have to create it from scratch. I managed to merge the files in a few minutes.

Norm

0 Kudos
w2vy
Contributor V

That is great!

Which processor are you using?
Care to share the merged file?

Tom

0 Kudos
ndavies
Contributor V

I'm using the MK60F15. Creating it for another MCU should be simple

I copied the section between <CPU> and <\CPU> (including the CPU labels) from the CM4F.xml file into a copy of the MK60F15.xml file. I placed it In between the description and AddressUnitBits sections.

I copied the Peripherals section from CM4F.xml (Not including the <peripherals> and <\peripherals> labels) to the bottom of the Peripherals section in the copy of MK60F15.XML, before the <\peripherals> label.

I did load it in KDS. The registers appeared. I am seeing the contents of the registers. That's all the testing I've done on it.

Norm

plc_boy
Contributor I

Erich- dont see attachment, can I rcv also.

Regards

Bruce

0 Kudos
DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Bruce,

Go to the web link to see the Community post and attachment.

I receive the notifications by email which do not have attachments. Maybe this is your issue.

Regards,

David

plc_boy
Contributor I

Got it- looks good....

0 Kudos
plc_boy
Contributor I

Thx Ad,

got those in but it's the ARM Standard ones I dont have...Erich's last note..

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos