Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Referencing the KSDK from an external KDS project

Jump to solution
laszlomonda
Contributor IV

Hi guys,

I'm just starting to port our firmware to the Kinetis platform. I only want to support the armgcc and kds build environments. I could simply request contributors to clone the our repo under the KSDK installation directory and relatively reference KSDK assets but this doesn't seem like a really elegant solution. I'd like to enable our contributors to clone our repo anywhere on their filesystem, set a $KSDK_DIR variable, and let the build system handle the situation.

This seems quite easily achievable with cmake as it can reference environment variables. Unfortunately, I did't find a way to do this with KDS. Is there any way? If not, what's the suggested way?

Thanks in advance!

Labels (1)
1 Solution
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

there are two different things in Eclipse to support you with this, and they have to be used in combination: Build variables and path variables.

The following article is for CodeWarrior, but the same applies to any Eclipse including KDS: Eclipse Build Variables | MCU on Eclipse

Build variables are something you can use for the build system (linker, compiler, etc).

The Eclipse editor system is different: it uses Path Variables to reference files and folders: I have an article for that too: Link to Files and Folders in Eclipse | MCU on Eclipse

I hope this helps,

Erich

View solution in original post

2 Replies
laszlomonda
Contributor IV

Thanks for the super-quick reply, Erich - looks like the way to go forward!

I'm already subscribed to your awesome blog, but you've created so many articles over the years that I've missed these two. :smileyhappy:

Thanks again, and keep it up!

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

there are two different things in Eclipse to support you with this, and they have to be used in combination: Build variables and path variables.

The following article is for CodeWarrior, but the same applies to any Eclipse including KDS: Eclipse Build Variables | MCU on Eclipse

Build variables are something you can use for the build system (linker, compiler, etc).

The Eclipse editor system is different: it uses Path Variables to reference files and folders: I have an article for that too: Link to Files and Folders in Eclipse | MCU on Eclipse

I hope this helps,

Erich