cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programming MKL24Z32VFT4

hb0038
Contributor II

Hi, 

I developed a custom development board using NXP MKL24Z32VFT4 32bit 48QFN microcontroller. For the programming my board I took out SWD pins. What are the possible programmers/debuggers can I use to programme my custom board? 

If I buy FRDM-KL26Z development platform can I use it as a programmer?

Thanks

Harsha

3 Replies

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Harsha Ganegoda,

There are many debuggers you can use , for example Segger J-link, SEGGER - The Embedded Experts - Downloads - J-Link / J-Trace   Universal Multilink FX  Universal Multilink FX High-Speed Development Interface|NXP or others .

" If I buy FRDM-KL26Z development platform can I use it as a programmer?"

-> Yes, you can use the debugger(OpenSDA) on FRDM-KL26 debug other boards, about the method, please  refer to: Using the Freescale Freedom (FRDM-KL43Z) to Debug other Boards | MCU on Eclipse  

Hope it helps,

Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hb0038
Contributor II

Hi Alice_Yang,

Thank you so much. But those debuggers are expensive so that's why I thought to use FRDM board and program via OpenSDA. So I bought FRDM-KL25Z board and tried to program my custom board which has NXP KL24Z processor. I used MCUXpresso IDE to program it. But I was not able to program my board using OpenSDA. :smileysad:
I used MSD-DEBUG-FRDM-KL25Z_Pemicro_v118.SDA firmware. I could not find firmware for KL24Z processor. 

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Harsha,

you only can program the same microcontroller using the MSD programming mode (see Using the Freedom Board as SWD Programmer | MCU on Eclipse  for details), because the MSD programmer is specific to the device on the board. About programmers to be expensive: there is the J-Link EDU (mini) for $20 or the LPC-Link2 which you can use with MCUXpresso IDE to program any LPC *and* Kinetis, see Custom 3D Printed Enclosure for NXP LPC-Link2 Debug Probes | MCU on Eclipse  for $20. I think a $20 price point is not 'expensive'?

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos