cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting project in CW to KDS

yaronlederman
Contributor II

Hi,

I have to support a project in CW and like to port to KDS - however was advised that this project is written with specific issues which might not work

1. If i'd like to stay with CW - how (what) do I purchase to allow me to break the 128K limit ?

2. When starting to port the KDS didn't allow import from CW (the menu did't do a thing) + no CPU defs were imported

Thanks !

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Yaron

The Special Edition has C code size restriction. It has no limit for assembly code.  If your C code size is more than 128K, please us assembly code to replace part of them, or generate .bin for some code and include it in link command file as a workaround.

To run CodeWarrior without C code restriction, please apply for evaluation license, or purchase a CodeWarrior Suite.

For the purchasing model, please refer to:

http://cache.freescale.com/files/soft_dev_tools/doc/fact_sheet/BRCWPPI.pdf

For the difference of Basic Suite, Standard Suite and Professional Suite, please refer to:

http://www.freescale.com/files/soft_dev_tools/doc/fact_sheet/950-00437.pdf

User can purchase it from Freescale website directly:

http://tinyurl.com/kwdt74f

To import a CodeWarrior project into KDS, please refer to this doc under your KDS folder:

C:\Freescale\KDS_3.0.0\doc\KDS_Porting_Guide.pdf

Best Regards

Fiona Kuang

Technical Information & Commercial Support

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

yaronlederman
Contributor II

Hi Xin,

Thank you for the pointer -

I'm a bit lost there -

I'm currently working with

Installed Products:

- CodeWarrior for MCU

Version: 10.2

Build Id:120126

Will I be required to port the project to a newer version ? I prefer not to

can you please assist

Thanks !

0 Kudos

jamiepacker
Contributor II

As Dave says, we can import CodeWarrior projects automatically into DRT. We have tested this with versions 10.6 and 10.3 of CodeWarrior, so I would expect it to work with version 10.2. But if you encounter any problems with it, we will be happy to help.

Jamie

0 Kudos

davidnemes
Contributor I

A workaround for 128k limit is to define large data structures in assembly (.s) files.

0 Kudos

yaronlederman
Contributor II

Thank you David -

Actuality wondered if this would be possible. Is there an working example ?

Does the code simply copy itself at startup to this area and set PC to point it or only specific portions?

thank you

0 Kudos

davidnemes
Contributor I

I can't give a general example, as it depends on the build tools used. But the required format can be found from an assembly listing or disassembly listing of project.

The limit is applied at link time, so it works the same as a smaller program. If you add a constant to .rodata section for example, all that happens is that the program has a larger constant data section.

0 Kudos