MKL05Z8VFK4 Pin interrupt not available on all GPIOs ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MKL05Z8VFK4 Pin interrupt not available on all GPIOs ?

Jump to solution
DavidLundquist
Contributor I

This should be simple.  I'm trying to enable a pin change interrupt on pin 8 of this part (PTA6) using the Eint1 component in processor expert.  No other functions touch this pin.  At least from what I can read of the data sheet I should be able to configure any of the port pins to be interrupt sources.  The processor expert pull down for pin mapping though only shows about half the the 22 pins on the device and doesn't include PTA6. 

Is there something simple I'm missing that would prevent some of the pins from being External Interrupt sources?

I'm using KDS 1.1.0 if that matters.

Thanks!

Dave

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
adriancano
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

In the section 3.10.1.2 Port Control and Interrupt Summary there is a summary of the capabilities of the GPIO pins, there you can find the summary of the pins that support interrupt and dma request. The image below shows a part of the table 3-47. Ports Summary:

ports summary.png

There is only nine pins of the PORTA that support interrupt functionality.

Hope this information can help you.

Regards,

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. It would be nice!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DavidLundquist
Contributor I

Looking deeper this is not really a KDS issue.  I believe this is due to the way the port pin interrupts are done on the part.  Apparently not every Port pin can be used as an interrupt source.  I missed that.  I've posted a question on clarifying that on the Kinetis community board.

0 Kudos
adriancano
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

In the section 3.10.1.2 Port Control and Interrupt Summary there is a summary of the capabilities of the GPIO pins, there you can find the summary of the pins that support interrupt and dma request. The image below shows a part of the table 3-47. Ports Summary:

ports summary.png

There is only nine pins of the PORTA that support interrupt functionality.

Hope this information can help you.

Regards,

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. It would be nice!

0 Kudos
DavidLundquist
Contributor I

Thanks, yes this helps in that it explains what I am seeing.  Just as a note, it would seem going forward that being able to have simple state change interrupts on every Port pin would be extremely useful.  I have to believe the required additional hardware is trivial.  I've seen lots of other vendors where this is possible.  I don't think it is necessary to have separate vectors for each pin if that makes it easier.  Very often you don't realize until later in a project that you might want to interrupt on a state change of some pin.

Dave

0 Kudos